53/100 Hoons for street bashing, all 4? Or rear with 42/100 front?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
At my favorite street bash spot I basically do a lot of ovals and figure eights around light poles, so drifting through the turns and blasting the straight segments.

For general parking lot bashing with a 6s XL Talion, if I buy 53/100 should I put them on all 4 all the way around? Or will running 42/100 up front be better?

I've been running 42/100 GRPs but just want a second option that drives different.

The diff gearing is setup for the same wheel diameter front/rear on the Talion. This is what all the Felony folks run into, the rear diff is geared differently for the larger diameter rear tires.

go for it, I had fun with felony rears on all 4 corners of a typhon and those are actually bigger.

go for it, I had fun with felony rears on all 4 corners of a typhon and those are actually bigger.
That's what I chose for my Typhon converted Senton 6s. All four 53/100's. Easier that way. Have yet to run it with either those or the belted powerhobby SCT tires yet. Will find out sometime. Took shocks apart for harder springs. Mojave front, front Fireteam rear for the extra weight this thing is carrying. They're back together with teflon shock seal grease on O-Rings and a film of Sil-Glyde on the inner walls (cylinders). Maybe in an hour I'll fill em' with 1000cst. 80w.

At my favorite street bash spot I basically do a lot of ovals and figure eights around light poles, so drifting through the turns and blasting the straight segments.

For general parking lot bashing with a 6s XL Talion, if I buy 53/100 should I put them on all 4 all the way around? Or will running 42/100 up front be better?

I've been running 42/100 GRPs but just want a second option that drives different.
Since my Typhon 3s doesn’t have a center diff, I have 53/100 on the back with 42/100 on the front. Love the F-1 style staggered look!
IMG_1249.jpeg

Since my Typhon 3s doesn’t have a center diff, I have 53/100 on the back with 42/100 on the front. Love the F-1 style staggered look!
IMG_1249.jpeg
The 6S in the back has the larger Hoons with the same diff gearing. Don’t notice an issue, but I am running lite diff oil.

Back