1/5 Scale Gossip

What 1/5 scale products will we see from Arrma in the next few months?

• New versions of the Kraton and Outcast

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Brand new products introduced

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Nothing - getting out of 1/5 scale

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
The Kraton 8S, Kraton 8S EXB, and Outcast 8S have all been officially discontinued on Horizon's site. The Outcast 8S EXB sale this month means it's probably next on the chopping block.

So what does everyone think is going on? What 1/5 scale products will we see from Arrma in the next few months?

Honestly, I got rid of my 8s Kraton because it was just too fragile. It was great for running around the yard, but it was just so heavy that it broke with the slightest crash. I wanted to like it, I really did. And many others had the same experience that I did.

Arrma owns 6s in my opinion. I think they’ll focus their attentions on staying there, and leave the 1/5 scale market altogether. I would rather see an all new, lighter, stronger 8s, but I doubt it. Just my .02.

I agree with @Xjeepguy they look awesome eating up large open areas of land, but when it comes to jumps, you have to be sure to land just right. Luckily the only thing that I've had break on my K8 was a bent dogbone from a bad landing. I much rather let her just rip around big open fields though, & if I want to send, that's what the smaller/lighter rigs are for. I hope Arrma doesn't leave the 1/5 arena altogether, their sheer size makes them great conversation pieces, and every time I run it at the park little kids & adults all look in amazement. Hopefully they just strengthen it, make it lighter, and introduce a new 1/5 lineup with all of the previous problems corrected.

With the current economy, inflation, recession, I find it hard to believe there's a huge demand for 5th scale currently. Seems the 3s and 6s line dominated most interests and affordability with Aarma consumers. All I can say is, you better have that disposable income if you enter the 5th scale scene, unless you deem it a shelf queen. For me personally, I've learned bigger and more expensive does not equate to more fun to justify the cost's associated with 5th scale. Just my experience. Btw...it is not my intention to type in bold print. I'm to ignorant to figure out how this happened and stop it.

Last edited:
With the current economy, inflation, recession, I find it hard to believe there's a huge demand for 5th scale currently. Seems the 3s and 6s line dominated most interests and affordability with Aarma products. All I can say is, you better have that disposable income if you enter the 5th scale scene, unless you deem it a shelf queen. For me personally, I've learned bigger and more expensive does not equate to more fun to justify the cost's associated with 5th scale. Just my experience. Btw...it is not my intention to type in bold print. I'm to ignorant to figure out how this happened and stop it.
Funny you say that. I've noticed over the past few months that the prices of 1/5 rigs for sale on ebay are significantly higher than they were about a year ago. All RC prices are going up, but the increase in the used 1/5 Arrma rigs people are selling is significantly higher. Not sure if it's due to inflation, or the fact that these monsters are becoming "novelty" items...or maybe a bit of both.

I'm all for more 1/5th scale stuff and I'm starting to think the average arrma 8s owner can't land a rig to save their lives because my rigs have been great.

Any time they discontinue a product it is to release a new version of it. The only exception I can think of is the Senton 6s that didn't come back.
Hasn’t Arrma discontinued a number of products? Nero, Fury, Raider come to mind.

Talion was gone for a good while.

Mojave EXB and Outcast EXB have been gone for a little while now too. Maybe six months?

Lol seriously. I remember the day I actually bent my chassis on the o8s and it was crazy. I was an idiot that went to bash with like 24 mph winds and I was jumping into it. Worse bash day ever and my o8s crashed more in that one day than all the other days combined and it handled it perfectly. We were dumbfounded because I expected every single one to end in disaster and it didn't. It was all fun and games until I finally basically nose dived into a side walk. That was also the one and only time I had ever broken something on my outcast besides a red center brace.

I had at least 10 crash landings that day 🤣

I don’t have the durability issues with my two 8s Arrmas that everyone else seems to. I also don’t send them like the tube guys. I’m willing to bet they just release rtr EXB trucks and call it a day which will be pretty lackluster. I like mine because I got them on sale, and was able to stick in whatever power system I wanted and still be close to the price of a RTR rig. A $1000+ dollar EXB with Spektrum electronics just doesn’t sound appealing to me.

On edit, the rtr 8s Kraton still says in stock on Arrma and Horizon’s websites.

Prob going to offer them as EXB RTR, with minimal changes.

Either way, I seem to have no interest in 1/5 scale. Driven a few of them, but just not my thing. I have since been on a 4s kick, hardly even run my 6s rigs. Just something about the perfect weight and quickness balance. Top speed is still close to the 6s rigs, which I almost never get much time at top speed anyways.

Hasn’t Arrma discontinued a number of products? Nero, Fury, Raider come to mind.

Talion was gone for a good while.

Mojave EXB and Outcast EXB have been gone for a little while now too. Maybe six months?

It is sales driven business decision. For the Nero they were forced to stop sales because of issues with Traxxas lawsuits. (revo cantilever suspension design)
The other 2 were shut down due to low sales and likely high warranty claims if I had to speculate.

I think that's why they canned the Senton 6s was due to low sales compared to other models.

I don't have any experience with Arrma 1/5, but I do have my Losi DBXLe 2. Different driving experience from my smaller rigs for sure, and it's loads of fun when you get used to it. But it's also heavy and huge, parts are expensive and you need bigger expensive batteries if you want a decent run time. So I see how there could be a much smaller market for them, and they don't sell as much.

There has been so much buzz about the new Traxxas XRT that I can't imagine that Arrma will fully pull out of the 5th scale market.
I really hope they can find a way to utilize some of their existing arms and suspension parts from the existing lineup and design a lighter more flexible plastic chassis.
Hey, Traxxas updated their 6S with a metal chassis because it's better for that scale. I don't see a problem if Arrma tries to improve on the plastic chassis for the 8S lineup.
At least that's what I'm hoping they do...

The bigger scale just isn't for me. I don't have space for anything bigger than my 6s rigs. Not to mention I can buy a lot of stuff for that much money, be it repairing/upgrading current rigs, or just putting food on the table. I do really want that 1/6 scale Axial Honcho though. Dang what a hypocrite! :ROFLMAO:

I love my 5th scales (K8, DBXL) but as mentioned above, they require significant upgrades and decent driving skills so they don’t break. After owning a bunch of 8th scales I’ve discovered that’s where the most fun factor derives from.

That being said……I’m kind of a sucker for big rigs and if Arrma puts out another 5th, I will most likely buy it.😂

Back