Kraton ADU Racing Parts!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost got everything now for my XL and Kraton builds
Just waiting for gearboxes and hubs

IMG_4789.jpeg

Yeah I’m trying to make these 2 rigs I can send…trying to make them as durable as possible on a budget!

I’m hoping they’ll be a little more durable than the EXB models 😁
The structure will certainly be bulletproof, what are you planning to do with diff carriers?

^ I was going to get some ADU gearboxes and probably just run stock diffs in them for now and upgrade to aluminum if / when needed

I got word from the EBay seller the dedicated 30mm mount is no more. I just got my other ADU parts in today from AE, and I gotta say… I don’t hate them. I went to AliExpress this time to order the 30MM mount direct from the ADU store. Hopefully I get the right part this time.

The ADU rings look legit
IMG_4559.jpeg

Almost got everything now for my XL and Kraton builds
Just waiting for gearboxes and hubs

View attachment 344154
I too am building an overkill ground up build. I’d be very interested in your overall weight afterwards. I’m repurchased quite a few parts in CF to try and trim the heft down. Some of my rigs kill me dragging them back if I break it out in the woods. M2C was my go to, but since they were out of stock I went BasherQueen.

I got word from the EBay seller the dedicated 30mm mount is no more. I just got my other ADU parts in today from AE, and I gotta say… I don’t hate them. I went to AliExpress this time to order the 30MM mount direct from the ADU store. Hopefully I get the right part this time.

The ADU rings look legitView attachment 344260

I too am building an overkill ground up build. I’d be very interested in your overall weight afterwards. I’m repurchased quite a few parts in CF to try and trim the heft down. Some of my rigs kill me dragging them back if I break it out in the woods. M2C was my go to, but since they were out of stock I went BasherQueen.
Nice!

Good idea with CF … these things can get pretty heavy!

Im also wondering what these things will weight, will let you know

Nice!

Good idea with CF … these things can get pretty heavy!

Im also wondering what these things will weight, will let you know
Mine won’t be full CF, unfortunately. I already had a ScorchedRC titanium chassis waiting for this build, and I can’t let that go to waste.

Mine won’t be full CF, unfortunately. I already had a ScorchedRC titanium chassis waiting for this build, and I can’t let that go to waste.
Sounds like a nice build!
Those scorched chassis’s look almost indestructible

Was curious How the carbon fiber hold up to heavy bashing
I have heard it’s not good to get CF wet not sure if that’s true

Sounds like a nice build!
Those scorched chassis’s look almost indestructible

Was curious How the carbon fiber hold up to heavy bashing
I have heard it’s not good to get CF wet not sure if that’s true
It can swell a bit if submerged and not completely sealed. CF is used to make all sorts of automotive parts, though.

I saw the cheaper CF chassis on eBay, but I’m waiting for the ScorchedRC on to get in stock. It add metal where the droop screws hit. My metal chassis is already worn there, I can only imagine what it would do to CF.

It can swell a bit if submerged and not completely sealed. CF is used to make all sorts of automotive parts, though.

I saw the cheaper CF chassis on eBay, but I’m waiting for the ScorchedRC on to get in stock. It add metal where the droop screws hit. My metal chassis is already worn there, I can only imagine what it would do to CF.
Thank you sir

I might look more into the CF parts .. Thought they were more for speed run or on road then bashing

I don’t think you can go wrong with that scorched chassis
Heard only good things about Scorched RC!

Thank you sir

I might look more into the CF parts .. Thought they were more for speed run or on road then bashing

I don’t think you can go wrong with that scorched chassis
Heard only good things about Scorched RC!
I completely agree about the ScorchedRC chassis. The low CG weight might not actually be bad, it is a little more than 2x the CF chassis weight though.

I, too thought, carbon fiber was more for speed runs and on road cars. In researching carbon fiber for my on-road car I found it was used in high horsepower driveshafts, and other heavy duty industrial/automotive uses. The CF shock towers are 1/2 the weight, and should be more than strong enough.

This is my first car moving away from heavy aluminum, so I’m interested to see the difference. I freaking love the raw aluminum look, though. Just observe my monster baby.
IMG_4585.jpeg

The anodizing isn’t perfect, but it’s not awful.

IMG_4581.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m of the opinion they are decent budget items. I won’t throw the parts away, but there are better budget offerings.

I would add that some of their parts are more expensive than their bigger name brand counterparts with better quality control, which confuses me.

Last edited:
I’m of the opinion they are decent budget items. I won’t throw the parts away, but there are better budget offerings.

I would add that some of their parts are more expensive than their bigger name brand counterparts with better quality control, which confuses me.
Whats your fav budget brand?

Great, so I am not missing out.

Whats your fav budget brand?
IronManRC, Treal, BasherQueen. Then M2C, ScorchedRC, and Vitavon for the top end.

To show my point, I regard IronManRC as higher quality CNC/finish, it’s cheaper, and easier to get.
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg

Back