Zoskay 25kg Servo - Replacement gears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
I know it would most likely be easier to just buy another one, but one of the gears in the servo is missing a few teeth, but everything else on the servo is perfectly fine. I'd like to be able to just fix it up instead of just tossing it considering all the other gears and the motor are perfectly fine. I've never had to replace gears in a servo, so I wasn't sure if I could just buy a gear set for another metal geared servo and use them in this one.

Sounds silly, but perhaps yo will get lucky if you call the seller and see if they will support it.
These are cheap servos, gearsets are normally half the price of this Servo.
Depending on which servo gear it is, you can probably rotate that bad gear 180 degrees and it can work for you. Depends on which gear and its position. Best to check for damage to the gear pin shafts or the upper case for damage. It is usually why the servo gears get damaged.
I use the Zoskay DS3235 35 kg servos. They use stronger gears. These are cheap consumable servos. They can be tossed and replaced cheaply compared to $80.+ Name brand servos which parts can be purchased. Name brand servos usually only offer parts for their servos..

No haven't seen spare gear sets for these, not worth the effort imho.
Note: Get yourself spare servos from China for 1/2 the price and use them as 'replacement' gears but complete with housing.
They will break just like other servos, it is just less costly. After a couple you will probably have spares for the next crash.

Sounds silly, but perhaps yo will get lucky if you call the seller and see if they will support it.
These are cheap servos, gearsets are normally half the price of this Servo.
Depending on which servo gear it is, you can probably rotate that bad gear 180 degrees and it can work for you. Depends on which gear and its position. Best to check for damage to the gear pin shafts or the upper case for damage. It is usually why the servo gears get damaged.
I use the Zoskay DS3235 35 kg servos. They use stronger gears. These are cheap consumable servos. They can be tossed and replaced cheaply compared to $80.+ Name brand servos which parts can be purchased. Name brand servos usually only offer parts for their servos..
I know it's silly, genuinely, but it really did just feel like a waste. Even if it's half the price, it would still be cheaper, and considering it's perfectly working otherwise, it's why I was interested in it. Didn't think about rotating the gear around though. I might try it and see if it works, if not I'll probably just toss it.

I usually keep my old servos. I have a bin full of them. Down the road I have spare parts, gears. BB's motors shafts and cases etc., to fix others that share same parts. Same models. Servos are easy to work on if you did it a few times.
Definitely try rotating the bad gear 180 degrees. You might get lucky. I've done this many times. Just depends on the gear. Some gears don't make a full 360 rotation going Left to Right. The bad teeth placed opposing the matched gear mesh usually works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back