Zeee 3s battery balance port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone I need yalls help I have a pair of 3s lipo after a couple of uses and charges later. One of my lipo battery balance port doesn't seem to work anymore what should I do next? I have tried the other lipo battery the zeee one and it seems fine my charger picks up the balancer and shows the right info but when I connect the other bad battery it says 2s battery and doesn't read that is a 3s battery. I had put it aside for the moment. idk what to do next. TIA

*I cant edit the Voltage only the mAh.

tempImageKbVn6J.jpg

Hmm. Might be a bad battery or a bad balance card. I'm not 100% sure @Tex Koder ?? @slick2500 ??
Just double check you have it all plugged in tight & that the charger settings are sure enough 3s & correct amps too is all I know to add. A bad cell??

Could just be a balance lead has or is coming loose at the connector (or worse, it has come loose at the battery)

If at connector you can test and wiggle to see if any will pop out.. if so then check the tiny tab/hook on the metal end and bend it up a bit and reinsert into connector.

If at the battery that will involve resoldering..
Not so easy.
Maybe get warranty replacement?

Take a look at the balance port and brush out the connector. possibly use some electronics spray. Sometimes dirt can get in one of the connections. If everything looks good you have a bad cell. These things happen. Battery is done. If you purchased it recently you may be able to get a replacement. Good luck!

Could just be a balance lead has or is coming loose at the connector (or worse, it has come loose at the battery)

If at connector you can test and wiggle to see if any will pop out.. if so then check the tiny tab/hook on the metal end and bend it up a bit and reinsert into connector.

If at the battery that will involve resoldering..
Not so easy.
Maybe get warranty replacement?
I just sent an email to the company to see if they can send me a new one.
Take a look at the balance port and brush out the connector. possibly use some electronics spray. Sometimes dirt can get in one of the connections. If everything looks good you have a bad cell. These things happen. Battery is done. If you purchased it recently you may be able to get a replacement. Good luck!
thank you guys for the help it was much appreciated!!

I was also going to charge it without the balance port and charge at 7.4V but I said never mind I don't want to risk something bad to happen so I just put it to the side.

I just sent an email to the company to see if they can send me a new one.

thank you guys for the help it was much appreciated!!

I was also going to charge it without the balance port and charge at 7.4V but I said never mind I don't want to risk something bad to happen so I just put it to the side.
I wouldn't recommend using it.. does sound like a wire has lost continuity, can't safely be used without repairing it. If you can't see a cut wire or something obvious, it's likely internal. Zeee is pretty fair to deal with from my experience. They'll want pics of it connected to the charger for sure. Sorry to hear, good luck.

I wouldn't recommend using it.. does sound like a wire has lost continuity, can't safely be used without repairing it. If you can't see a cut wire or something obvious, it's likely internal. Zeee is pretty fair to deal with from my experience. They'll want pics of it connected to the charger for sure. Sorry to hear, good luck.
I emailed them without pictures but the balance wired seem good. I think it's an internal thing for sure.

I,m not sure but don't you have to select 3s on your charger or does it do it automatically. My older charger is I think a Hitec and it looks like yours and I have to select what cell lipo I'm charging.

On cheaper lipos (such as most of the ones I get), the highest likely causes for me have been issues with the balance wire/plug (dirt in the port, wire coming off the connector) or that the balance wire broke off it's tab on the internal cell. As an FYI, if Zeee doesn't make good on any sort of warranty, all of those things can be fixed, and just required some basic soldering skills and careful attention. The most common fault I experience is with wires breaking off the internal tabs. The cause is usually due to very poor soldering joints or very little solder used. I've had to open up and fix 3 or 4 of my lipos in the past.

EDIT: always good to have another charger to check things against, or at least a cheap cell checker to give you that sanity check. Helps mostly rule out whether the charger is the issue or not.

I,m not sure but don't you have to select 3s on your charger or does it do it automatically. My older charger is I think a Hitec and it looks like yours and I have to select what cell lipo I'm charging.
Good eye it's a 3s lipo and he has the charger set to 2s. Or is that the auto detection thinking it's a 2s?

Good eye it's a 3s lipo and he has the charger set to 2s. Or is that the auto detection thinking it's a 2s?
Yes it auto detection when I connect my other 3s battery it says 3s and the Voltage also changes too. With the bad one it reads as if it was a 2s battery.
Bypass the balance board, plug the balance lead straight into the charger see what happens.
It still charges and everything just that is will charge like if it was for a 2s battery at 7.4V instead of 11.1V. I can also edit how many mAh just not the voltage.

You need to remove the clear plastic cover over the balance connectors, on the BAD Lipo ,of course ..
To check and see if those individual metal leads are pushed in properly/correctly...
let me try that right now
You need to remove the clear plastic cover over the balance connectors, on the BAD Lipo ,of course ..
To check and see if those individual metal leads are pushed in properly/correctly...
No luck everything seems to touch

Last edited:
My best guess is one of the leads broke off inside the hard case. I just had this happen to a couple of mine. Exact same wire on both batteries within about a month of each other.

1703127601349.jpeg

1703127529350.jpeg

1703127513070.jpeg

I used one of these to open the second one.

1703127770924.jpeg

They are both fixed and fully functional, but I had to tape the cases back together.

1703127807603.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back