Your fan rec. for Mojave’s that’re always on the throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decline225

Reaction score
What’s your guys experiences or recommendations for keeping the Mojave 6s running cool if you’re on the throttle most of the time? It’s pretty much untouched, still has a 16t pinion and esc settings brake and throttle set one up higher that factory, bec still at 7.4v No binding, no dragging it just gets so hot because I’m on the throttle most of the time. I did take the interior out but haven’t ran it since. Only tried cheap Amazon 35mm fans for the esc that don’t say what rpm it runs and the motor I tried the same 35mm fans no luck, so I went bigger got an integy 40mm heat sink with they 10mm tall 40mm fan but still running so hot and the volts on both fans are surging a lot of the time.

Because I’m on the throttle alit I figure I’ll be running a fan set up like that of a speed run Mojave. Was going to run a rocket 35mm 21K rpm fan for esc, that Amazon DKKY 40x28mm 21K rpm fan for motor and then tie them into a separate 3s away from everything else. But is that good or not good enough? Should I run 2 on the motor instead or 2 30mm’s on motor? Thanks and any recommendations or advice I would absolutely love!

B250ADFB-4368-4AF9-9FDD-3734BA23BA72.jpeg

0B6C60F9-0569-4E2A-8B2F-61F198C158E9.jpeg

0D048917-B070-45C1-BCFE-30E5AB6B2114.jpeg

A6A4CC86-6ADC-4BD5-BDBA-59554FD3FCB3.jpeg

B8CB23C1-3823-4ED2-A9D0-9221939FFF49.jpeg

^^^^ this, especially the bigger motor part.. but, if that's not in the budget, I'd drop a tooth, or 2... if this is strictly an off road basher, the small loss in top speed won't be that noticeable and it'll help take some load of that (too small of☹) motor. I run 14/50 on my truggified Typhon with belted Talion tires and it's still plenty fast on 6s, and stays cool enough to run a full pack at mostly 3/4-full throttle

What’s your guys experiences or recommendations for keeping the Mojave 6s running cool if you’re on the throttle most of the time? It’s pretty much untouched, still has a 16t pinion and esc settings brake and throttle set one up higher that factory, bec still at 7.4v No binding, no dragging it just gets so hot because I’m on the throttle most of the time. I did take the interior out but haven’t ran it since. Only tried cheap Amazon 35mm fans for the esc that don’t say what rpm it runs and the motor I tried the same 35mm fans no luck, so I went bigger got an integy 40mm heat sink with they 10mm tall 40mm fan but still running so hot and the volts on both fans are surging a lot of the time.

Because I’m on the throttle alit I figure I’ll be running a fan set up like that of a speed run Mojave. Was going to run a rocket 35mm 21K rpm fan for esc, that Amazon DKKY 40x28mm 21K rpm fan for motor and then tie them into a separate 3s away from everything else. But is that good or not good enough? Should I run 2 on the motor instead or 2 30mm’s on motor? Thanks and any recommendations or advice I would absolutely love!

View attachment 261498

View attachment 261499

View attachment 261500

View attachment 261501

View attachment 261502
1st of all, the cat will add 10-15°😆 But seriously, you should lower your motor timing from the stock setting. From the factory I feel it's too high & lowering this will not effect top speed but should help greatly reduce your temps

All of the above.
I've ruined the stock motor within two weeks. I got the CC MMX8S and 1520 motor set, with two rocket fans 40x40 on 6 Volt. Burned that motor too. I figured out why i burnt the motors. it was the wet beach sand clogging in the wheels, that made the car too heavy. Then i paired the MMX8S with the Hobbywing 4985 motor 1650kv. Again with the two rocket fans, now on 7.4 Volt. No problems ever since.
But if you keep driving everything at full throttle all the time, I don't think there's much that can help you.

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...-bracket-with-40x28-fans-aluminum-mesh-covers

I recommend this 200%. It's like having the setup @StephenSchandelmayer recommended but you don't need an extra battery. This would work better with an esc that can do higher bec but they're awesome fans.

These fans push AIR. 28 cfm running off 8v. I have one on my max 5 and it's bonkers. They also sell the fans by themselves for 18$. I don't even believe anyone here can link a fan that pushes that much air off 8v lol.

In addition to what everyone else said, loose the dust cover. They block airflow and hold in heat. If you're worried about all the debris getting into the chassis get the Scorched RC inner fenders.

In addition to what everyone else said, loose the dust cover. They block airflow and hold in heat. If you're worried about all the debris getting into the chassis get the Scorched RC inner fenders.
I noticed that it isn't necessary to close the net that tightly in the back.
Most dirt is coming from the front wheels.
Leaving a bigger gap won't catch much dirt, but will provide better cooling.

Was tossing that idea around, thanks for confirming
Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back