XLX2 sucks -_-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me why I just had another xlx2 die the same exact way in the same exact truck. Worked fine the last time I had the rig out. Took it out today, hit the power switch and nothing happened.

I'm really starting to hate xlx2's. I can't be this unlucky lol, I'm starting to think the 2028 motor I bought from here is cursed.
I've been using my XLX2 with smaller motors (5692 rocket motor and 5687 HW motor) on my 8s rigs, and I have lowered my gearing (30/47) and that seems to be working better for the XLX2. I don't like the giant 2028 motors from Castle (too expensive) or the big 800kv motors from HW. So far so good after a few months with both XLX2 that I got back from Castle. They told me that 30/39 gearing and 35/47 gearing that I was using on my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S was "too aggressive with 500 Amp spikes and ridiculous ripple currents that the tech had never seen before". Those were the words of the Castle tech

This is how i would feel if i had a XLX2 fail on me
off-to-hang-myself-harm-to-self.gif

This is literally why I don't go with a xlx2. Also I don't really speed run like crazy so no need...yet
But should you ever decide to change that "yet"...this is the one you'll want. If you make the mistake of getting something else because you think it'll be enough, I can all but guarantee that you'll be asking yourself, "Why the hell didn't I just get the XLX2?" a couple of weeks later. ;)

But should you ever decide to change that "yet"...this is the one you'll want. If you make the mistake of getting something else because you think it'll be enough, I can all but guarantee that you'll be asking yourself, "Why the hell didn't I just get the XLX2?" a couple of weeks later. ;)
So true, I guess I need to "future proof".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back