would paddle tires even help in this type of snow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Often times when there's too much snow on the ground I'll use my 1:1 plow truck to push snow into jumps on my driveway. Then shovel or snoblow some snow to cushion the landings. Yeah, the same snow I just spent time and fuel to clear from my driveway, LOL. Generally speaking rc's and deep snow don't work well together.

I have some cobbled-together trx dish wheels with proline slingshots on my K6 and I was blasting in almost a foot of powder, don't know how It did it, but that castle motor didn't even get hot with full throttle for 20 minutes straight. starting to regret my purchase less.

I have some cobbled-together trx dish wheels with proline slingshots on my K6 and I was blasting in almost a foot of powder, don't know how It did it, but that castle motor didn't even get hot with full throttle for 20 minutes straight. starting to regret my purchase less.
I've noticed my electronics run much cooler when packed in snow..🤔🤷‍♂️👌
The Castle motor probably even more so?
Over the last 2 days I ran my Xmaxx in a couple inches of powder that ended up filling the chassis right full, no issues from even the fans, much less the reciever which is just mounted to the top of a Spektrum S905 servo. Crazy how resilient the electronics are!! I hacked the chassis to fit the Spektrum servo, sacrificed the waterproof radio box in the process yet the Flysky receiver is still working fine.👍

That surprises me. My electronics always heat up more with snow.
Are you sure you're packing enough snow into the chassis? Everything should be packed in a nice blanket of snow.. LOL. Kidding of course.
It really is dependent on conditions I think. Too much snow that requires constant heavy throttle or wet heavy snow that weighs the rig down does indeed cause things to get toasty for me too. 1-3 inches of fluffy powder over hard ground is ideal I find, hopefully some old compacted snow banks to jump off of as well.. it seems rare to have just the right amount of snow where it all works out. Got a nice weather pattern going here in my area right now, a couple inches Sunday, couple more coming down right now😁
After 4 inches, it just slows things down too much.. plus constant full throttle just overwhelms my stock crap. Thankfully I have alot of driveway to play on when the snow gets too deep.

Last edited:
My chassis had practically no snow, but the motor was caked in 2-3 inches of clear ice??? No snow anywhere else. A foot of powder is fun to go blasting into from a grassy spot or a jump

My chassis had practically no snow, but the motor was caked in 2-3 inches of clear ice??? No snow anywhere else. A foot of powder is fun to go blasting into from a grassy spot or a jump
All depends on how tightly the body hugs the chassis I find. I don't have a Talion. My Kaiju, Xmaxx, Kraton all fill up pretty quickly with snow though. The Xmaxx and Kaiju are almost dragging the ground sometimes by the time it reaches LVC. 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
I remove the body and batteries, then drop them upside down on the garge floor from a foot or so off the ground. Flip, repeat..👌
My after snow ritual, turn off, remove batteries (immediately), then dump the snow out of the chassis by dropping them on the floor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back