Will China Hobby warranty this new battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Maybe at the end of March, I got two new China Hobby 4S 6600mah batteries for my Losi DBXL-E 2.0.

It was a nice evening, 59F with a cool breeze at 630p, so I took the rig over to our community common area just for one run in the grass (I hate ALL grass). It hit LVC I stopped and was done, so I unplugged the batteries and brought it in. The highest the ESC or motor got was 105F. My HW Max5 ESC is set to 3.4v LVC.

After cleaning the rig, I brought the batteries in one hour later for a storage charge after they cooled. I was blown away by what I saw for CELL-3. All the cells were at 3.85 or 3.83 when delivered new.

It's only one battery. Will this last, or does it represent a future bad cell? If yes, would @Chinahobbyline warranty this? I mean, it's my first run on these.

When placed in the charger
2024-04-04-20-10-05-803.jpg

This is the current state of the storage charge...still going

Why does the charger drop all the cells to storage charge????

1712281097147.png

The problem is anything around 3 volts is pretty much dead already. I would raise your LVC asap if that is what your cells are looking like after a run.

Even more concerning is why on earth, is your charger, bringing the cells to 2.8volts!? That is way too low.

The problem is anything around 3 volts is pretty much dead already. I would raise your LVC asap if that is what your cells are looking like after a run.

Even more concerning is why on earth, is your charger, bringing the cells to 2.8volts!? That is way too low.
Thx for the post and the PM...

Good question

Does the other charger register the same voltages for that battery, or do you otherwise know the one being used in the pic measures other batteries correctly at this moment in time?

Knew they would replace it. I had a warranty issue with my first pair of 4s 5000mah G series batteries. One of the batteries was perfectly fine. Tested fine, showed all 4 cells as being fine, although at storage voltage. It powered car. No puffiness or anything at all. Except it would not charge. Tried my two chargers and nothing. LHS tried it on 4 of theirs. And cnhl had a new one at my house in less than 3 days.

CNHL = garbage.

QC? Nah man, we are cool...
I don't think you have any experience with CNHL.
I have an ammo case full with CNHL and gensacearespammers lipo's. I can't notice any (noticable) difference in performance between them (just bashing, no speedrunning). I can definitely tell a (positive) difference between them and some Ping Pong brands out there though.

Wow, that's definitely a bad cell I would say. More concerning is that your charger took the rest of the cells down.. I have an S2100, but don't remember the menu exactly. Sounds like you're storage voltage is set too low. I didn't think the charger would even allow cell voltage to go so low when on a lipo profile?
Not to get into a debate about chargers, but I've been less than impressed by Spektrum's chargers myself.
Glad to see CNHL is on it!! Good support is refreshing to see in this day and age.
FWIW, I have no complaints about CNHL batteries. Better quality than the price suggests in my experience.. shh, don't tell them I said that, LOL. 🙄😉🤣

My experience has been very positive with CNHL batteries and I have a bunch of them.
Definitely better than the ping pong brands as @Sandracer_NL said.. LOL I love it, Ping Pong, how fitting.
Took me a bit to realize that CNHL does indeed have better products than the run of the mill Ping Pongs.. 😉

My experience has been mixed. I used to buy HRBs or Zeee's just because they had pair deals and fast delivery via Amazon(CNHL does too). When I got my TF2, built and upgraded by my lhs tech guy, it came with a ProTek 2s 9600mah(almost $200CAD). He charged and used it 4 times. This puffed and split after after its 5th use by me. No matter, he gave me the receipt and I tried to initiate a warranty claim. We both just assumed I did charged it wrong or something. And so did Protek and they denied. Tech felt bad and sold me at cost his second Protek 2s 8600mah($170CAD/paid him 100). Brand spanking new, was for his TT02 for the upcoming race season. Repeated the process with receipt all. This time he handled it. Denied because it was obvious to them it ballooned because we charged it to 7.6v. Silly us, buy a LIHV and expect it to hold 7.6v?
By contrast,besides them is a CNHL LIHV 2s 8200($80 something CAD) battery. I can't say for sure how many charges are on it. Got it after winning the last ArrmaForum Fan contest we had here. But for sure it has to have minimum 8-10 charges. And all at 7.6v.
Yeah, garbage.
20240405_092107.jpg
20240405_092352.jpg

BTW, the 9600 is completely discharged. The 8200 (edit: the 8600, i meant. The 8200 cnhl is still going strong)is still being used although I don't trust it.

Last edited:
CNHL = garbage.

QC? Nah man, we are cool...
You couldn’t be more incorrect. Either you’ve never tried them, or perhaps had a bad experience and shunned them? As far as I’m concerned they are about the best and most consistent batteries of any reasonably priced alternative that I’ve tried. I don’t even know how many I have, but I’ve yet to toss any of them and some are several years old with many, many cycles on them. And we all know nobody is perfect, nor are companies, but having read the above thread you should come away pretty darned impressed with their CS.

I am a bit shocked that CNHL is on the forum responding at all. Most vendors don't.
Comments like the ones from Eno drive away vendors.

At one time we had a castle engineer on the forum and people drove him away being rude....

I am a bit shocked that CNHL is on the forum responding at all. Most vendors don't.
Comments like the ones from Eno drive away vendors.

At one time we had a castle engineer on the forum and people drove him away being rude....
Agree. A blanket statement with no explanation isn't helping anything. We know there are bound to be defects with any products, but an explanation or link to one would give credibility to said statement.. or not.

I'm impressed CNHL took the time to read the chat and respond. Two thumbs up for customer service.

Wonder if the Arrma R&D team are also reading all our chats..... ;)
It is very likely that Arrma, and even other companies are indeed reading posts here, however, for reasons as @LibertyMKiii has stated, won't participate. I don't blame them.. ya know, there are some arguments or debates which just simply can't be amicably resolved, then portions of text easily used out of context. Can also be worded as "some people are never satisfied"..

I’m not here to badmouth the company. I did however, buy two 4S 5600 race series 120 C batteries with EC5 connectors, a couple of months ago. Of which both are bad now. I only had five cycles on the first battery when it puffed. I now have about 15 cycles on the second one and it has a bad cell. These were bought specifically to run in K6S. I’ve had better luck with other companies. I don’t see a need to return these as I feel it just opens me up to criticism. (I have been charging lithium batteries, over 20 years ) I’ve bought replacement, batteries from other companies now. I only bought these because they were part of this forum and had they worked out I would’ve bought more. From what I’ve seen on this post their customer service is trying. That’s a good thing.

I'm impressed CNHL took the time to read the chat and respond. Two thumbs up for customer service.

Wonder if the Arrma R&D team are also reading all our chats..... ;)
No. Otherwise there be an 8s EXB Senton for sale right now. 😆

Back