Typhon Which receiver/transmitter combo not hugely expensive would you use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're probably pretty similar. Personally, I wouldn't switch transmitters unless I had an issue with the one I was currently using. But I know that's generally how both you and I operate anyway :LOL:

The only reason I got the GT5 was because I started getting into kits and rollers and had a few RTR ones die on me, so I figured I'd save some money by having a "single" system.

EDIT: honestly it's not that far off the stock Kaiju radio (which is a rebranded flysky something). A little bit "nicer", and has some better features. An overall good radio, but nothing revolutionary.
Yes, you're right, not really needed at the moment, especially since I have one extra in reserve already. Thanks for talking me off the ledge,LOL.
There's certainly other things I can buy with that $70..like more tires!! Who DOESN'T need more of those?😜🤣🤣
I'll tell ya, if I don't have a hundred rc tires, I have none!! I mean, they're literally ALL over the place in my garage!!🤣🤣 most are in a bin or cabinets, but they're still all over.. I may have a bit of an addiction 🙄🤔🤣🤣

I have a Flysky GT3B , love it, nice to have all my cars on one radio with room for a couple more
I was beginning to think I was alone..HaHa!!
I have mentioned it a few times on different threads when people ask for a good inexpensive radio but never found anyone else using it. It is old, but still on the market and pretty cheap at that. I guess the firmware is hackable and it can be used for some ridiculous number of rigs.
In the end, it does work well for me, so I will use it till I can't.
I'm out of models on one of the GT3b's, but do have another tucked away if needed. Then there's a box full of rtr radio's I can't bring myself to throwing away,LOL.

I have the Radiolink RC6GS radio, and I use it to run 6 vehicles. I love it.
Yup. Great functionality, dual antenna receiver, super price, and almost the best range there is right out of the box. They look and feel cheap and junky but function beautifully.
Futaba guys will shame you though, and you get no cool points for using it. You just have far superior range for $400.00 less!

I use to swear by Futaba, just couldn't swallow paying out the nose for a new radio, the nice thing about the Flysky is it is easy to set up and excepts the charger from my older Futaba radios

I use to swear by Futaba, just couldn't swallow paying out the nose for a new radio, the nice thing about the Flysky is it is easy to set up and excepts the charger from my older Futaba radios
I still have my first(and only) Futaba..the Magnum Jr..circa 1980 something, LOL.
I only buy what I think I need. With that, these cheapo radios are just simply amazing in terms of value and performance. Sure they feel somewhat cheap in the hand,but certainly do everything I can ask for. Why not?

Yep I feel the same way, had been running my 2PL digital AM Futaba for years, but I broke it! Never had an issue always had my extra crystals with me, got lots of funny looks, but when all the new style rtr radios started coming out I could leave my crystals at home

Yep I feel the same way, had been running my 2PL digital AM Futaba for years, but I broke it! Never had an issue always had my extra crystals with me, got lots of funny looks, but when all the new style rtr radios started coming out I could leave my crystals at home
Oh yeah, I remember the crystals!! I was never really into racing officially, but did go to a local dirt track for open practice quite a few times as a kid with my rc10. Decked out with foam tires, modified body and aluminum nerf bars!! Had to wait until my "flag" was available!!🤣🤣
Oh, that reminds me, a childhood friend of mine's father passed about a year or so ago, he apparently was an avid rc dirt track racer. My buddy gave me some of his dad's leftovers that his "rc friend" didn't want. There's a custom made dirt modified body and some kinda TA chassis in the box..and a big ol Spectrum radio!! Thing feels like a weapon in the hand!! I'll have to dig that stuff out and have another look. Being the uh basher (bastard?) that I am, I didn't really pay much attention to the stuff. I already have many boxes full of rc nostalgia, LOL.
I did however put one of his dad's trophies proudly on display in the man cave!! RIP Lou🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back