What type of plastic is the 4s outcast chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny1202

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
So I got a bit carried away today and broke the battery retainer off my chassis… obviously can’t handle the 4s power 😂 god knows how that broke off but nothing else but hey ho.

So I’ll drill a L bracket on the side but wanted to glue it in place as well so I was wondering what is the actual plastic made from so I can use the best glue to suit.

Thanks.

7306BC44-4728-4EE5-9FE9-F43E0D3C6F15.jpeg

60C9D510-6C69-4EBC-B4B5-20220118CDEB.jpeg

oh yeah I broke the battery straps as well so just looked on eBay and saw this… do you think it’s worth trying to fix this battery box in? Might just do the trick?

This

Attachments

• 5532F4B9-254A-4DB2-AEEA-0151A53519D6.png
    5532F4B9-254A-4DB2-AEEA-0151A53519D6.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 20
So I got a bit carried away today and broke the battery retainer off my chassis… obviously can’t handle the 4s power 😂 god knows how that broke off but nothing else but hey ho.

So I’ll drill a L bracket on the side but wanted to glue it in place as well so I was wondering what is the actual plastic made from so I can use the best glue to suit.

Thanks.

View attachment 350786

View attachment 350787

Any two part epoxy will do.
Just scuff up the surfaces (both the piece & related chassis area) and make sure it's clean & dust free Before applying the epoxy. 👍

And make sure it's Fully cured before you go Bash it!

Any two part epoxy will do.
Just scuff up the surfaces (both the piece & related chassis area) and make sure it's clean & dust free Before applying the epoxy. 👍

And make sure it's Fully cured before you go Bash it!
Nice one, I was thinking that. My dad is my go to on things like this but if he’s not got the answers he needs I end up with a lecture on the science of plastics 😂

oh yeah I broke the battery straps as well so just looked on eBay and saw this… do you think it’s worth trying to fix this battery box in? Might just do the trick?

This

You're going to loose some space for battery when you try to squeeze a alternative battery box into that limited room in your chassis..

You're going to loose some space for battery when you try to squeeze a alternative battery box into that limited room in your chassis..
Yeah I know, I’ve just messaged his to see what size it is.. I guess it’s worth a pop as the chassis is a third of the way to the bin anyway and I also need some straps… I guess if it fits I could glue it in good and proper

In fact this maybe an opportunity for some zip tie wizardry 🥸

Back