Kraton What is this sound? K6 Exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be wrong but I’d guess your motor bearings will be ok for now, removing the motor and turning the pinion to get feel for the condition might be a good idea.

I would have thought other bearings will give up first.

I might be wrong but I’d guess your motor bearings will be ok for now, removing the motor and turning the pinion to get feel for the condition might be a good idea.

I would have thought other bearings will give up first.
Damn that’s a good idea. Will definitely try that before opening it up. Good looking out man

When you take your bearings out if they spin free and smoothly I’d just oil them and put them back in. Keep your new ones untill you need them..?

I try to check over my bearings every now and then, my outcast became a doner car for my Kraton as late so she needs some serious tlc now 😅

well I figured out what that awful noise was, and it doesn’t really make any sense to me.
After changing a handful of bearings, swapping pinions, setting meshes checking diffs etc.
I pinpointed the time frame to when I installed a M2C motor mount and motor support. It raised the motor up maybe an inch or so, and that was causing some loud annoying sounds.
Anyways, changed it back to stock motor mount, threw my 15t pinion back on and it is running so smooth and quiet and basically perfect.
Just figured I’d share this if anyone has or plans for the motor m2c part.

on some PL street fighters and extra wide 💪

Last edited:
well I figured out what that awful noise was, and it doesn’t really make any sense to me.
After changing a handful of bearings, swapping pinions, setting meshes checking diffs etc.
I pinpointed the time frame to when I installed a M2C motor mount and motor support. It raised the motor up maybe an inch or so, and that was causing some loud annoying sounds.
Anyways, changed it back to stock motor mount, threw my 15t pinion back on and it is running so smooth and quiet and basically perfect.
Just figured I’d share this if anyone has or plans for the motor m2c part.

on some PL street fighters and extra wide 💪
That sounds MEAN. (y)

Back