What is this part called I'm new to the hobby and bought a used rig as my first

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dswin14

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
IMG_20240220_213558023~2.jpg

Welcome to the forum! It’s unusual that anyone would knock somebody else’s project. As members of this forum, we are here to help. The item circled is an A-arm. Be nice people.

Welcome to the forum! It’s unusual that anyone would knock somebody else’s project. As members of this forum, we are here to help. The item circled is an A-arm. Be nice people.
There’s ZERO tolerance here for complete and utter garbage Trashaxx. Anything I can do to prevent another hobbyist from staying away from their Monopoly "attempt", the more enjoyable their experience will be. The competition has passed them for bashers/crawlers/and course buggies anyway, it'd be different if they were actually the pinnacle.

Especially as a beginner, soldering their junk connectors/Lipos and forcing their hex upon the masses. The local hobby stores can stock more brands if they want business. 😠

There’s ZERO tolerance here for complete and utter garbage Trashaxx. Anything I can do to prevent another hobbyist from staying away from their Monopoly "attempt", the more enjoyable their experience will be. The competition has passed them for bashers/crawlers/and course buggies anyway, it'd be different if they were actually the pinnacle.

Especially as a beginner, soldering their junk connectors/Lipos and forcing their hex upon the masses. The local hobby stores can stock more brands if they want business. 😠
I love you man, but I totally disagree. A 4x4 Slash (especially LCG) is a very fun and reliable rig. You don’t have to change out anything you wouldn’t on an Arrma, and I believe the 3s Traxxas has the 3s Arrma line beat six ways to Sunday. I agree about hating their proprietary connectors, but beyond that they’re pretty great trucks.
I don’t think there’s been a single time that my nephew has run his Granite when I haven’t had to repair/replace something. That thing just eats parts. The funny thing is, he breaks things (he’s hard on it) because he drives it like he drives his Slash, which very seldom breaks.
A Slash 4x4 is the perfect gateway drug into the RC addiction, IMO.
Don’t harsh that dude’s mellow, man.

He's here for a reason, I'm not playing salesman to him directly. I allow slashes on my track and they do well, but it's always the last TRX they buy after driving better options for the price. This goes out to all of the other retired clowns migrating from their forums because of crickets and cobwebs for activity. It's not difficult to manufacture a 10th scale or smaller double wishbone buggy like China has recently been mass producing.

Mostly joking here, let's not take it too personal. :cool:

Last edited:
I'm just curious,if a Traxxas is his first Rc ,then wouldn't it be a better choice to join the Traxxas forum where there are probably more knowledgeable members there that would help him better 🤷 .I mean I joined here because I have more ARRMAS than any other brand I own so it just made sense.or common sense.

Last edited:
I'm just curious,if a Traxxas is his first Rc ,then wouldn't it be a better choice to join the Traxxas forum where there are probably more knowledgeable members there that would help him better 🤷 .I mean I joined here because I have more ARRMAS than any other brand I own so it just made sense.or common sense.
but the issue is that the Traxxas forum has about as much life and activity as the local cemetery :ROFLMAO:

but the issue is that the Traxxas forum has about as much life and activity as the local cemetery :ROFLMAO:
I heard that also .well good news is we have a lot of knowledge here with members that own many kinds of brands so this forum is very versatile..no need for any other Rc forum .they should all be eliminated.arrma forum rules and that's that.Viva Arrma💪😁👍

The official company sanctioned Traxxas forum is dead. They don't allow much other than content that affirms their greatness. No talk about aftermarket upgrades, just about buying more of their junk. Traxxas is a very shortsighted company that while successful is trying to hide their weaknesses instead of fixing them.

Back