Warning!!! Rando stuff in shocks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I have found. Some of this info I found is sort of old from threads ranging from 2014-current.
Tamiya is made in Japan for their higher end stuff and the Philippines for their lower end stuff.
XRay is made in Slovakia, they even mold their own plastic parts.
Kyosho is made in Japan for their kits and the rtrs are made in Taiwan.
Traxxas is made in Taiwan.
Team Associated kits are currently made in Taiwan. Pretty sure the rtrs are made in China.
Losi rtrs are made in China.
Team Losi Racing is made in Taiwan.
Arrma and Axial are currently manufactured by FS Racing in China.
ECX is made in China.
Dromida is made in China
Duratrax is made in China.
Yokomo is made in Japan.
HB Racing is made in Taiwan.
HPI Racing is made in China used to be made in Taiwan.
Tekno is made in Taiwan.
Mugen is made in Japan.
Serpent is made in China.
Schumacher is made in the UK and China.
WoW!! Looks like Japan and Taiwan makes the better RC’s and China makes pretty much the rest! Lol.

Thanks for putting this together…. I’m sure others are interested where their RC’s come from.

WoW!! Looks like Japan and Taiwan makes the better RC’s and China makes pretty much the rest! Lol.

Thanks for putting this together…. I’m sure others are interested where their RC’s come from.

Yes they do. The best stuff was made in the USA though. Team Losi and Team Associated used to be made here in the states. In 1995 a Team Associated RC102 Team Kit 2wd buggy was $340. The current Team Associated RC10B6.3 is $359.99 just to give you an idea of how much they save by making the cars overseas. $340 in 1995 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $610.32 today, an increase of $270.32 over 26 years.
20211008_234143.jpg
20211008_234149.jpg

And sorry for derailing the thread.

^^^
Wow. That's a long list.(y)
FS Racing is producing Arrma and Axial. Both. As did Dragon Star RC. Perhaps the same original facility.
Japan always had the high end stuff also. Back then competed with US hard.
Japan stuff always costs more. I always attributed that to the Dollar-Yen exchange rate.

^^^
Wow. That's a long list.(y)
FS Racing is producing Arrma and Axial. Both. As did Dragon Star RC. Perhaps the same original facility.
Japan always had the high end stuff also. Back then competed with US hard.
Japan stuff always costs more. I always attributed that to the Dollar-Yen exchange rate.
I need to find that thread again that said that FS Racing was making Arrma and Axial, but they mentioned that a company called Kingstar manufactured the cars before FS Racing. Dragon Star just owned them. I guess Kingstar used to be one of the larger manufacturers of rc cars for a lot of companies.

^^^ Makes much sense. Different factories are used for different parts. Like plastics and molding for those parts. Alloys made in a different facility.
Motors and so forth. All subbed out. All the parts are sent for final assembly and packing ends up at a parent facility.
Hard to imagine just one place that is doing all of the mfr'ing. These parts must all must be subbed out to some extent.
I would like to get a factory tour of all the facilities. But China is very thight about these things. And I think it has to do with poor labor conditions and policies. Envy makes Scooters in China. That is one company that has allowed video's of their scooter production. A clean and positive example of a Factory
I think the State run factories are closed from public view. For political reasons. IDK for sure.:unsure:

I want a Legendary Fantom 4wd. And an Inferno. Before Kyosho disappears.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back