Vorteks Vorteks Shock Option Lengths with typhoon arms and granite towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swerv512

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
About to widen the Vorteks. Buying Typhoon arms and turnbuckles along with granite shock tower in the front. I plan on buying granite tires soon. I read that mojave shocks will work but do i need the front or the rears or a pair of both to get my vorteks a bit higher and aggressive. Thanks in advance

Just fair using the stock shock with preload adjustment. Change & test the shock fluid desired to ur driving style. higher groundbase make the shock stress during slap on the ground at high jumps. The gripper of the tires & stiffer shock u go the more roll over in turning. Rolling vehicle more than it looks not fun at all...

Why not measure for the length you need?

Simply get your tower your using on. Prop the truck up and measure from mounting hole to mounting hole.... I'd go for max suspension travel when I measured so you can preload or adjust up to that as needed or less for droop to set your ride height. Take that measurement and find which shock is that length and there you go.

If you’re keeping the Vorteks rear shock tower and switching the front shock tower to the taller Granite version, you’ll want something close to Granite length shocks in front, Vorteks length in the rear.

Stock front shock length for a Granite is 101mm

Stock rear shock length for the Vorteks is 109mm

So that’s you’re starting point, you can go slightly longer or shorter depending on how high or low you want to go.

Back