VITAVON DIFF HOUSING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be running gp5 15/42 vs your exb 10/43.i should have a little more room To work with.appriate the info,helps me alot.
Heres 2nd rear diff housing damage from big power speedcar.hoping the larger input gear bearing with help my problem.don't want this coming apart at well over 100mph..

20210613_230223.jpg

I just wanted to add something else I found. Both my front and rear pinions were not true, I noticed this after I got it all assembled, thought it was the cups, but the shaft was bent. I put them in the lathe and put an indicator on them .02-.026" out. I can only guess this is from the heat treat, seen it before on other small parts I had treated long time ago.
I'll start checking mine,,for speed a little wobble can end up be catastrophic at speed!!

Hmm, I noticed this. I wasn't sure if it was the safeD cups or the pinion. I Tried new cups and it has the same wobble....
And the wobble translates to the pinion head, If you play with the shims and go to tight, you can feel the high and low spots. Murder on the teeth, ring and bearings and at full speed lots of vibrations elsewhere. What A mess. If I had a 4th axis on my cnc Id just make them myself. I just got a new set Ill go check the pinion.

Well gees sounds like the cheaper Integy aluminum gearboxes I picked up are way better and the full set was cheaper than one Vitavon. No issue at all with ring gear clearance, sit nice and flush just lot of side to side play in the diff so needed shimmed up with about double what the stock gearbox needs. But sounds like I made the right choice by far!

Well gees sounds like the cheaper Integy aluminum gearboxes I picked up are way better and the full set was cheaper than one Vitavon. No issue at all with ring gear clearance, sit nice and flush just lot of side to side play in the diff so needed shimmed up with about double what the stock gearbox needs. But sounds like I made the right choice by far!
I think the Vitavons are for non exb's, different ring size. nothing wrong with them. Anything thats not plastic and your further ahead. The vitavons and beautiful though, top notch machining and ano. Theres extra width to accomodate using an alum diff housing.

And the wobble translates to the pinion head, If you play with the shims and go to tight, you can feel the high and low spots. Murder on the teeth, ring and bearings and at full speed lots of vibrations elsewhere. What A mess. If I had a 4th axis on my cnc Id just make them myself. I just got a new set Ill go check the pinion.
Have you made other parts with cnc????you have my full attention!!!!!!!

New pinion I just checked is .007" out. lol better I guess.
Have you made other parts with cnc????you have my full attention!!!!!!!
Ya, I have a colorful background in that world. Working some parts as we speak in CAD. Today is for the xmaxx lol.

Wondering if the red arrma diff cups would fill gap better??they seam wider than the stock plastic cups.im checking out the integy ones now...
New pinion I just checked is .007" out. lol better I guess.

Ya, I have a colorful background in that world. Working some parts as we speak in CAD. Today is for the xmaxx lol.
I'd be interested in 6s arrma parts.any links???

Wondering if the red arrma diff cups would fill gap better??they seam wider than the stock plastic cups.im checking out the integy ones now...
Possibly if they are wider. I honestly didn't mind the extra space as it allowed me to get the diffs shimmed up perfectly smooth. And again both complete front and rear gearboxes were $87 shipped for the set. I've bashed them twice so far no issues and big 20-30ft high sends with the Kraton 👍 figured it was worth a shot as even one complete HR gearbox is more also. Going to give them another good bash and then open them up and check everything out but so far have held up to the test.

I just fitted Integy bulkheads with Arrma aluminum diffs. I can add .2mm of side shims if needed.

I figured I didn't need the hardest aluminum for an on-road. Only thing was I had to clearance the housing to fit the RH spur, but you have to do that with new plastic housings, so it's not Integys fault for copying Arrmas design.

I fitted carbon fiber towers and top plate and I only added 6g of weight per axle from my previous set up. Then I made my own CF center brace according to the DIY on youtube, except I used basic tools and it turned out beautifully. Now its actually about 20g lighter total. I started weighing a bunch of parts lately...

Possibly if they are wider. I honestly didn't mind the extra space as it allowed me to get the diffs shimmed up perfectly smooth. And again both complete front and rear gearboxes were $87 shipped for the set. I've bashed them twice so far no issues and big 20-30ft high sends with the Kraton 👍 figured it was worth a shot as even one complete HR gearbox is more also. Going to give them another good bash and then open them up and check everything out but so far have held up to the test.
102 degrees here today.so no running car.goood time for Maintenance too hot to run.ya talked me into integy for other typhon.never really been a fan of integy an the material they use.the pot-metal aluminum that snaps instead of bending.but it would be better than plastic.no more loose center shaft damage for me👍
I just fitted Integy bulkheads with Arrma aluminum diffs. I can add .2mm of side shims if needed.

I figured I didn't need the hardest aluminum for an on-road. Only thing was I had to clearance the housing to fit the RH spur, but you have to do that with new plastic housings, so it's not Integys fault for copying Arrmas design.

I fitted carbon fiber towers and top plate and I only added 6g of weight per axle from my previous set up. Then I made my own CF center brace according to the DIY on youtube, except I used basic tools and it turned out beautifully. Now its actually about 20g lighter total. I started weighing a bunch of parts lately...
I weigh everything, try an keep weight low
..more weight =more strain on drivetrain,=more breakage, downtime, $$$$$.my mojave chassised ,xlx2, big block typhon under 10lbs w/o packs=====hella high hp/weight ratio.ive pulled almost 17hp with -13lb car!!!!!

20210612_013421.jpg

Last edited:

I'd be interested in 6s arrma parts.any links???
Funny you ask, was thinking of going legit. See what happens. Ghost Eng. Ill post on here when things are ready to roll out. Keep an eye out.

102 degrees here today.so no running car.goood time for Maintenance too hot to run.ya talked me into integy for other typhon.never really been a fan of integy an the material they use.the pot-metal aluminum that snaps instead of bending.but it would be better than plastic.no more loose center shaft damage for me👍

I weigh everything, try an keep weight low
..more weight =more strain on drivetrain,=more breakage, downtime, $$$$$.my mojave chassised ,xlx2, big block typhon under 10lbs w/o packs=====hella high hp/weight ratio.ive pulled almost 17hp with -13lb car!!!!!

View attachment 152820
Ya was 100 here today🥵 I did make some 4s passes about 10am and was already 80 out. But just testing and comparing the new SMC DV extreme 4s pack to my CNHL Racing Series pack. Think the SMC packs need some cycles through them though first and they should come more to life. CNHL pack had .5v less sag and did +1 mph better today.

Funny you ask, was thinking of going legit. See what happens. Ghost Eng. Ill post on here when things are ready to roll out. Keep an eye out.
Awesome, be more than glad to pay for an test some parts for ya😁😃👍
I'm all about high powered systems and pushing things past there limits.i break everything
Ya was 100 here today🥵 I did make some 4s passes about 10am and was already 80 out. But just testing and comparing the new SMC DV extreme 4s pack to my CNHL Racing Series pack. Think the SMC packs need some cycles through them though first and they should come more to life. CNHL pack had .5v less sag and did +1 mph better today.
I'm so impressed with the yowoo graphene 6000mah 100c 4s packs I bought 8 for 58$each..seam better than my cnhl 5200 90c i paid more for.
They also are getting better after more cycles.
Anyone looking for packs.these are best ive ever tested...I offerd hrb 55$ per pack an settled for 58.i bought 2 at a time.could get them cheaper with bigger purchase..hrb accidentally put 5000mah labels on 6000mah packs,so they are on clearance.normmaly a 80+$pack.steal of a deal.same size an weight

Screenshot_20210618-213236_eBay.jpg

20210618_213814.jpg

20210618_213731.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you running again.now hurry the hell up,it was alot funner when you me an jd where running neck an neck

Great to see you back out there brother. 🤘🏻

Thanks fellas! I'll be there soon I just want to make sure I'm not going to wreck my $hit first 8s pass with the foams. Was going to make a 6s pass should've been about 100-105mph today but forgot the pack at home🤦 so far just 5 4s passes at 81-83mph making sure foams don't wear unevenly and wanted to see if the SMC packs I just got where going to do better than my CNHL packs but so far CNHL still my hotter pack and less sag also. But like I said very first cycle on the SMC's so need to get few more charges in and hoping they warm up and do better. I'm definitely getting antsy though as these 80mph passes are like snail's pace just way to slow😂 so for sure be 6s passes next couple runs then probably start making a run back to PB passes shortly after. Really want to see what the 1717 can do as I know @phildogg pushes mid 140's easy with same setup MMX8S and 1717 1650 in the infraction. For sure really want to see that 150 BAD! But also just 140 as it's been my biggest hang up so far.

Last edited:
Must housing be shimmed???I didn’t know that,is there a thread or link on doing this?
What would I do without this forum
I used these on an M2C Talion speed chasis with the Tekjo gasket and GP5 diffs and needed no shims...anywhere. Be careful cause the regualr diff cases fits almost perfect with no play but the aluminum cases gave me problems because they have that extra "lip" on the bottom of the case. The Vitavon stuff was flawlessly made and beautiful actually. Very nice piece of work. From purchase to shipping to in my hand took a little over 2 weeks which isn't bad considering where they come from. You get what you pay for I guess...they are a quite pricey.

I used these on an M2C Talion speed chasis with the Tekjo gasket and GP5 diffs and needed no shims...anywhere. Be careful cause the regualr diff cases fits almost perfect with no play but the aluminum cases gave me problems because they have that extra "lip" on the bottom of the case. The Vitavon stuff was flawlessly made and beautiful actually. Very nice piece of work. From purchase to shipping to in my hand took a little over 2 weeks which isn't bad considering where they come from. You get what you pay for I guess...they are a quite pricey.
Thanks for the good info,where did you get the tekjo gasket??
Is that the extended speed chassis that takes 2 rear kraton shafts??

I got the gaskets from EBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/253836667918)
I got the regular M2C speed chasis. Don't know if its extended or not. I'm still building. I'm a noob (and a slight perfectionist) so its taking me a lot longer than it probably should. I've made quite a few mistakes but I'm making progress. Haven't had time to create a build log yet but it is coming cause I've been taking pics along the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back