V4 Noto tower upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschlosser0405

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I would like to upgrade the stock towers on my V4 Noto. I really like how it handles/jumps. Should i get m2c v4 towers or is there a benefit going to the newer exb towers?

M2C if you are comfortable and happy with the V4 shock tower geometry. What I would do. M2C towers are good stuff.(y)

V5/EXB towers will work also, but the EXB/V5 arms should be changed also along with it. And will need longer lower shock pins for these current arms.

M2C towers are strong, but they will add weight to your vehicle, and weight will change how agile the vehicle feels. I run them and I like them, but I want my instant backflip button back.

EXB towers are underrated. They're 4mm 7075, vs your V4 3mm 6061. Minimal weight gain, but you gain 25% strength for thickness and 20% strength for 7075. That's not bad. I haven't bent one yet on my Kraton, and I've destroyed all 4 shock mounts and broken A-arms. Like I said, underrated.

One thing I am sure of, the stock V4/V5 chassis and shock towers are a ticking clock, counting down to their eventual annihilation. Probably good to plan your replacement and get ahead of the curve.

M2C towers are strong, but they will add weight to your vehicle, and weight will change how agile the vehicle feels. I run them and I like them, but I want my instant backflip button back.

EXB towers are underrated. They're 4mm 7075, vs your V4 3mm 6061. Minimal weight gain, but you gain 25% strength for thickness and 20% strength for 7075. That's not bad. I haven't bent one yet on my Kraton, and I've destroyed all 4 shock mounts and broken A-arms. Like I said, underrated.

One thing I am sure of, the stock V4/V5 chassis and shock towers are a ticking clock, counting down to their eventual annihilation. Probably good to plan your replacement and get ahead of the curve.
I haven't bent the towers on my kraton exb either and it has taken some tumbles haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back