v4 Kraton sudden dead power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’m sure people have ran across this but couldn’t find a matching thread...

Despite the warm weather I threw on the 15t speed pinion on stock electronics to get a boost for double I’ve been hitting. Took her out this morning, 86 out, and got 10 minutes in and suddenly had no motor power - zero. ESC fan was on and could steer, but dead motor power.

It wasn’t LVC. And battery seems good. Any ideas? I know stock motor isn’t sensored, so if motor overheated how would ESC know to shutdown? Don’t have a temp gun but motor was pipin’ hot to the touch. Let me know whatcha think....
Neglected to mention LED was flashing green. Upon more research that looks like the overheat indicator on the stock ESC....

Is overheating one of the reasons for upgrading to Max6 (better internals and temp controls)? Just curious....

Last edited:
I’m sure people have ran across this but couldn’t find a matching thread...

Despite the warm weather I threw on the 15t speed pinion on stock electronics to get a boost for double I’ve been hitting. Took her out this morning, 86 out, and got 10 minutes in and suddenly had no motor power - zero. ESC fan was on and could steer, but dead motor power.

It wasn’t LVC. And battery seems good. Any ideas? I know stock motor isn’t sensored, so if motor overheated how would ESC know to shutdown? Don’t have a temp gun but motor was pipin’ hot to the touch. Let me know whatcha think....
Neglected to mention LED was flashing green. Upon more research that looks like the overheat indicator on the stock ESC....

Is overheating one of the reasons for upgrading to Max6 (better internals and temp controls)? Just curious....
Yeah you just overheated the stock esc man. A max6 is a decent upgrade if you wanna stay hobbywing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back