Kraton v3's are coming...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice.. Those wheels are UGLY though!!
I think they are more race inspired wheels.

1/10 scale or 1/8th? I
1/8th i believe.

Hopefully Tekno doesn't have 4mm shock shafts patented haha. Seriously though, I'm excited for a cheaper shock upgrade option for my V2 collection instead of going to the Tekno shocks. Switching over three vehicles to Tekno shocks would get expensive.
thats only if TRAXXAS was using them lol. I am in the exact boat with the shock upgrades! except I only have the Outcast and Kraton.

I wonder why they make a point of saying "low cost" front hubs?

Reposted from the Talion forum:

++++++++

This is the Arrma 2.4GHz Radio Controlled, Brushless Powered, 1/8 scale

Ready to Run Talion 6S BLX Speed Truggy with Red and Black Body.

**Newly Designed Features Include;**

Aggressive Low-Profile Body with Multi-Element High-Downforce Wing
Low-Profile Wing Mount
Low-Profile dBoots Katar Tires
Wheels Designed for On-Road Speed as well as Offroading
New Shocks with 4mm Shafts
Lower Shock Towers for Less Drag
Larger Radio Box
Shares Battery Tray, Battery Box and adlustable Body Mounts with the Outcast 6S
Stronger Front Buggy Arms
Stronger Low Cost Front Hubs
Stronger Bulkheads
Stronger Front and Rear Braces
Stiffer Servo Mount

FEATURES
Chassis: 0.12" (3mm) thick aluminum
Drive: Four wheel with CVD driveshafts
Radio: Tactic TTX300 2.4GHz 2-channel with SLT (Secure Link Technology) for unbreakable link between transmitter and receiver
ADS15M waterproof metal gear steering servo, TE326 receiver
Motor and ESC: BLX185 Brushless Power System, 2050Kv brushless motor, with etched aluminum finned motor can for efficient heat dissipation, gold connectors
13T pinion gear installed on motor, 15T included in box
ESC: 150A waterproof ESC with XT90 battery connector, cooling fan, bridge connector for use with single 4S or 6S packs

Shocks: with 4mm diameter shafts
Shock Towers: New low-profile 0.20" (5mm) thick aluminum
Suspension: Pillow ball with anti-roll bar
Body: Newly designed low profile with multi-element high-downforce wing
Motor Mount: Aluminum
Battery Holder: Adjustable hook and loop straps
Tires: Low profile dBoots Katar
Wheels: Black 5-spoke, 17mm hex
Camber: Adjustable front and rear, camber refers to the angle of the tops of the tires from vertical when viewed from front or behind vehicle
Caster: Adjustable, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis
Warranty: Two year limited warranty beginning at date of purchase

++++++++

Looks like they've listened to our gripes with the v2!

Re: shock prices...

New Arrma Kraton shocks (old 3.5mm shaft) NIB- $85 a pair.
Same, from Ebay chop shop - $25-$30

New Tekno Full Option truggy shocks NIB - $95
Same from chop shop - $45

So what will the new shocks cost? NIB, who cares, but at the chop shop it is all supply vs demand. I am betting they will be within $10 a pair of the Tekno's, at least for the first 6-12 months.

Fair enough. I think it's a waste to spend anything on them but I suspect we may have different expectations.

Fair enough. I think it's a waste to spend anything on them but I suspect we may have different expectations.
You don't think that you should spend any money to purchase a new car????? Please tell me where you can get them for free.....I would love to find out and then I would need to add onto my house to store all of them.

I hope this means we can pick up heavily discounted V2s...

It's not so much that the V2's will be discounted but the fact that the V3's will be MORE. The Talion V3 is already $20 more AND (more importantly) you can't use Tower coupons on it. That goes from being $480 - 60 = $420 for a V2 (or 75 off if you spend $500) vs $500 for the V3. This whole "no coupon" thing is bull. I knew that when Traxxas started it that everyone else would follow suit.

Yes it sucks but I'd still rather give my money to Arrma over traxxas lol.
Lol right. $500 on a solid rig, or $450 for a Traxxas and then another $450 in aftermarket parts to make it be able to run more than 7 minutes without breaking.

Yes it sucks but I'd still rather give my money to Arrma over traxxas lol.

Lol right. $500 on a solid rig, or $450 for a Traxxas and then another $450 in aftermarket parts to make it be able to run more than 7 minutes without breaking.

The question is not Arrma VS Traxxas. The question is $420 for a Talion vs $500 for a Talion. Just because Arrma is better than Traxxas doesn't mean we should happily accept them jacking their prices on us.

The question is not Arrma VS Traxxas. The question is $420 for a Talion vs $500 for a Talion. Just because Arrma is better than Traxxas doesn't mean we should happily accept them jacking their prices on us.
I see your point but with all the new up grades it makes it worth it imo. I'd still give my money to Arrma.

They better put some darn good upgrades on the Kraton to jump the price $80 lmao!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back