Typhon Typhon 6s speed/street build - completed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
What's uuuuuuup! Been taking a break and doing more crawling. After selling off half a dozen rc's, felt it was time for another build. This one is all over the place featuring parts from Custom Rc upgrades, Ram Jam Racing, Castle Creations and a bunch of parts supplied by my friends at Jennys Rc. Finally got the last parts I needed so here it goes. The motor mount, spool, servo mount and center driveshafts are Ram Jam. So that's where I started. Motor is ordered, a 1721 2400kv Castle Powered by an MMX8S esc. Hope you enjoy the show. Where i was a week ago
20240527_195632.jpg

Where I am today
20240605_233528.jpg

Last edited:
What's uuuuuuup! Been taking a break and doing more crawling, and after selling of half a dozen rc's, felt it was time for another build. This one is all over the place featuring parts from Custom Rc upgrades, Ram Jam Racing, Castle Creations and a bunch of parts supplied by my friends at Jennys Rc. Finally got the last parts I needed so here it goes. The motor mount, spool, servo mount and center driveshafts are Ram Jam. So that's where I started. Motor is ordered, a 1721 2400kv Castle Powered by an MMX8S esc. Hope you enjoy the show. Where i was a week agoView attachment 371058
Where I am today
View attachment 371059
Aloha Johnny!
Good to know you're still in it! (y)

Good to see you Mr J

Looking forward to seeing this build develop.

You didn't sell the Limitless, orange Typhon or the blue Notorious I hope?

What ya been crawling?

Good to see you Mr J

Looking forward to seeing this build develop.

You didn't sell the Limitless, orange Typhon or the blue Notorious I hope?

What ya been crawling?
Thanks. Still have the Lim, never gonna get rid of the Noto, also have a Granite and Gorgon for messing about. Plus I have the most over built Typhon 6s that might actually see the light of day at some point😉 It's got an M2C chassis, EXB bracing, @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts, carbon fibre towers and Custom Rc Upgrades suspension mounts. Everything on it is new, built from spares and Jennys RC. The orange typhon was sold as a roller. As for crawling, got the Ascent Fusion and love it!
20240428_194035.jpg
20240531_110905.jpg

Nice to see you're still in the hobby @Notorious J. I'm looking forward to seeing this build come to life.
I toned it down, but never left. You know how it is. Let the addiction take control for too long, so just scaled it back. Made great money selling which allowed me to build only what I want. Noto J is here to stay 👊

Aloha Johnny!
Good to know you're still in it! (y)
Aloha Nate! Glad to see your still around too🤜🤛

Last edited:
What's up Arrma mother f'rs! Stage 2 complete. Waiting on some CRCU mounts to arrive from the UK before I can start buttoning it up
20240606_135511.jpg

Received more parts from CRCU so I was able to get the front completed. Also received a carbon fibre wing from them.
20240610_105710.jpg
20240610_213942.jpg

Started trying different custom cut battery trays. Gonna use some very old Arrma parts to make spacers that will rest against the center braces. One battery tray still has the wall on the inside, but the other has had both sides cut out, so the spacers are a necessity to keep the lipo away from the spool.
20240613_003518.jpg
20240613_001346.jpg

Final piece of the puzzle. Castle Creations 1721 2400kv w/ MMX8S. This motor was pretty much designed to run on 8s with an XLX2, but I made some adapters to bring the leads down to 6.5mm bullets, and stick to 6s. This will be for sale when it's done😯
20240613_221523.jpg

Back