Typhon Typhon 3s slow down after around a hundred meters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamVorst

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi all,

So I was racing today on a large parking spot with my 26T installed in my Arrma typhon 3s.
Each time I go around a hundred meters the car slows down to a much lower speed, I still could drive it back. but it was acting like the battery was low..
This was not the case, the battery was still 95% full. When I turned off, and on it was going fast again..
I not have a temp gun but with my hand I felt and it was not very hot, some hotter than with a 15T.
I guess that couldn't be the issue.

I guess it is a sort of safety issue when it comes near out of range,
does someone know if this is right? And if so, are there people who recommend a good radio under 100/120€.
Because a hundred meters isn't much to drive with high speed.

Thanks,
Sam

I should have re-read the post. I thought when the car goes far away it slows down and when you bring it back to you it speeds up again
that happens to me! it actually doesn't go that far maybe 50 meter or smth! and then it doesn't move at all, so i should walk closer to get it started(no turning on/off needed just going closer will do)
i thought my transmitter's battery was low, so i changed it but the problem still seemed to exist

Last edited:
Not the 60A version. It is the Max10 SCT 120A. I got the motor with it too as it's better value. This ESC will need to be fixed down using 3M/double sided tape as it doesn't have the fixing ears like the BLX100 has
Actually the Max10 SCT does come with a fixing plate! And it will mount both to the receiver box lid as well as the empty spot between the motor and receiver box (where there are posts for it). It won’t fit there with the stock motor, but if you buy the combo from HW it’ll fit (and juuuust enough space to pull the power pack out).

I run this HW combo and it’s pretty great. I bash-race so I’m on throttle a lot so a fan was necessary. Plus the ESC has a 7.4V BEC so you can put a more powerful servo on.

Actually the Max10 SCT does come with a fixing plate! And it will mount both to the receiver box lid as well as the empty spot between the motor and receiver box (where there are posts for it). It won’t fit there with the stock motor, but if you buy the combo from HW it’ll fit (and juuuust enough space to pull the power pack out).

I run this HW combo and it’s pretty great. I bash-race so I’m on throttle a lot so a fan was necessary. Plus the ESC has a 7.4V BEC so you can put a more powerful servo on.
My Max10sct came with a mounting plate also.

Back