Typhon 1/18 scale grom leaked chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Found this weird grom chassis who looks to be for a mini typhon on facebook

7B131DF0-1F63-456E-971A-3A300D74136F.jpeg

Granite grom chassis

44193622-C5A9-4718-A333-B711DA6B07FD.jpeg

My guess is at least we will have likely a trio of grom vehicles. a mini version of known models. This reminds me of the micro shots from nerf. Popular nerf blasters turned into a jolt. I wont be getting one because its a big massive money grab with the hop ups if you want to be serious with it for reasons pointed out in the main thread(plastic internal gears, diff outdrives and wheel outdrive axles)

Last edited:
I'm gonna resurrect this thread cuz its a cool leak.

Heck ya!

I agree. the shock tower design seems pretty robust.
As it turned out, the shock tower is molded into the chassis. The good news is, it took a solid impact at 40+mph to break it. If I recall, the whole chassis was only like $16.

Found this weird grom chassis who looks to be for a mini typhon on facebook

View attachment 326505
Granite grom chassis

View attachment 326506
My guess is at least we will have likely a trio of grom vehicles. a mini version of known models. This reminds me of the micro shots from nerf. Popular nerf blasters turned into a jolt. I wont be getting one because its a big massive money grab with the hop ups if you want to be serious with it for reasons pointed out in the main thread(plastic internal gears, diff outdrives and wheel outdrive axles)
That looks alot like an scy chassis like redcat and there volcano 16 China be pumping them out by the thousands

kinda resurrected a old thread, but yeah it does look similar.

Wonder how it stacks up against the mini b as far as size, durability and handling (i know, 2wd vs 4x4). I have a mini t and love it. Was interested in a Mini b, but if this handles as good or better and is as durable for bashing around the front yard, I'd consider. I think I'll save my chips to see if its worth it first. I wanna see what the AF will come up with.. cuz I know one of yall is crazy enough to try to fit an xlx2 and turn it into a rocket! 🤣😂 jk.

hope the diffs can hold 3s through a 2838 brushless motor. my 1:18 ecx ruckus diffs only could for about 30 seconds. so it's been on the shelf for almost a decade...

Back