TTX300 3rd channel for lights (on and off??)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasce209

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I purchased some lights for my Senton Mega and have installed them to my receiver. The lights turn on when I power on the car. However, I have read you can program the 3rd channel to turn on and off the lights with the 3rd channel buttons...does anyone know if this is possible with the TTX300 transmitter...and if so, how???

Thanks!!

If you plug the LEDs directly into the channel 3 port on the receiver you don't have any type of switch to control them. The receiver itself is not a control switch when you turn the car on the receiver has power and so the LEDs will come on. The receiver as the ability to pass control signals, but does not have a built-in control switch for any of the channels. If you have an LED controller plugged into the channel 3 port then yes you should be able to turn them on & off by plugging the LED controller into receiver and the LEDs into the controller. I don't know what kind of LED kit you bought, but I have seen some are are "always on kits" with no controller. You just plug the LEDs directly into a power source and they come on. Or there are more complex kits that have a controller and allow you to turn the lights on and off, have turn signals, brake lights, and reverse lights. I went crazy with LEDs on a custom body I built for my Big Rock, 19 individual LEDs, 2 light bars, and 2 LED controllers to make it all work. If anyone is interested I have some close up pictures of the body with all the lights installed and some details on how it is all setup in Update #6 of my build log thread. The one thing I have not posted is a wiring diagram of how it's all hooked up to the receiver. This was rather complex setup that took some trial and error before I got it all working.

Thanks...right now I have the LEDs connected straight to the receiver... sounds like I need to buy an LED controller in order to have the on and off switch option. Hopefully, meanwhile it doesn’t drain my 2s lipo battery significantly by having the lights on at all times.

Cool truck you have!

Thanks...right now I have the LEDs connected straight to the receiver... sounds like I need to buy an LED controller in order to have the on and off switch option. Hopefully, meanwhile it doesn’t drain my 2s lipo battery significantly by having the lights on at all times.

Cool truck you have!
I doubt you will even notice a difference in run times. You have to remember leds are much more energy efficient than the bulbs of yesteryear. It isn't like leaving your headlights or dome light on in your car.

Cool truck you have!

I've bougt a on-off switch from hobbyking to switch the lights on my cars.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-thrust-electronic-on-off-switch.html
a few bucks and very easy to install

An LED controller is nice and they give you a lot of options to add more lights, but they are going to run you more than $5 like the switch that @digitaldude80 put the link for. That switch is really nice and simple. If you think you may eventually want more LEDs then I would say look into a controller, but if you like your setup the way it is now and just want an on/off option go with the simple switch.

An LED controller is nice and they give you a lot of options to add more lights, but they are going to run you more than $5 like the switch that @digitaldude80 put the link for. That switch is really nice and simple. If you think you may eventually want more LEDs then I would say look into a controller, but if you like your setup the way it is now and just want an on/off option go with the simple switch.

I pretty much bought the same thing on Amazon but its Apex brand for $11.99. And I learned something new, my manual that came with my Granite 3s blx just says the extra buttons on the remote are to set the throttle exp

Last edited:
I pretty much bought the same thing on Amazon but its Apex brand for $11.99. But even with the switch in line you cant turn the lights on and off with the controller I think that's what [U]Plasce209[/U] is wanting to do. The extra two switches on the TTX300 are for the throttle EXP programming.

There is a way to do it, he needs a receiver controlled switch like this https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...ObaWv2cjq2WYe3xMXasaAuv9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds once that is plugged in to the rx and you click one of the 3 channel buttons it will activate the signal wire to switch the switch on and off, not sure what button it is though so might have to mess around a bit. Note that was just the first one that came up on a Google search I'm sure there are better ones available

-edit- I see this was already posted, but yeah you would still need the control switch to turn the led controller on and off.

These are pretty popular in the aircraft side of RC. I have a couple in different planes and they work flawlessly. Coupled with some super brite 6v leds from lighthouseled.com and they work great.
Side note. MotionRC is a great place for lipos. Ive been real impressed with their admiral lipos. Ahhhh, thats what my Kratons missing, red and green nav lights hahahaha.

https://www.motionrc.com/pages/leds-and-light-controllers

I don't know the issue, but I programmed my TTX-300 to use the 3rd channel to turn my lights on and off and for some reason the only way it works is if I press the top button twice then the bottom button. Lights on: Top button 2x - bottom 1x Lights off: Topx2 - Bottom 1x I don't know what I did wrong

You can buy an inline switch for a couple bucks on wish or banggood. That will do what you want it to.

I don't know the issue, but I programmed my TTX-300 to use the 3rd channel to turn my lights on and off and for some reason the only way it works is if I press the top button twice then the bottom button. Lights on: Top button 2x - bottom 1x Lights off: Topx2 - Bottom 1x I don't know what I did wrong
The default settings the 3rd channel is set to 3 steps, in the manual there is explanation how to set it up to either 2, 3, or 4 steps, or "analogue".

The default settings the 3rd channel is set to 3 steps, in the manual there is explanation how to set it up to either 2, 3, or 4 steps, or "analogue".

I just want to be able to push 1 button to turn on and one button to turn off.

You can buy an inline switch for a couple bucks on wish or banggood. That will do what you want it to.

I already have an in line switch. I got one of mine from Aliexpress, the other is an Apex brand off Amazon.

I have looked at the Big Rock BLX and the rear bumper will fit the Granite I was going to get one of those to use as a mounting point for my rear lights because the front t-bone bumper came with 3mm holes for lights already. I don't want to put lights on my stock body I'm planning on having multiple bodies one for bashing and one for shelf living.

A bit off the topic but has anyone seen this? Its a picture of my motor mount it only has 15,20,26 mounting holes. The stock one on Arrma site has 13,15,20,26. I've emailed Arrma/Horizon about this to see if they can send the correct one.
MY 3S BLX MOTOR MOUNT.jpg

I just want to be able to push 1 button to turn on and one button to turn off.
Yeah, you can follow these instructions from the manual to set it up that way:

1. Enter programming mode: Press and hold the top push button, power ON transmitter. Continue to hold until the LED flashes five times. Release the top push button.
2. Use CH3 push buttons to adjust CH3 accessory/servo to desired 1st position. Turn steering wheel clockwise (right) to confirm position 1. The LED will flash one time to confirm position 1 has been saved. Note: Press and holding CH3 push buttons will adjust rapidly. Press and release will finely adjust positions.
3. Use CH3 push buttons to adjust CH3 accessory/servo to desired 2nd position. Turn steering wheel clockwise (right) to confirm position 2. The LED will flash two times to confirm position 2 has been saved.
4. turn off transmitter to save settings.

(I copied the relevant steps from the user manual)

On step 2 adjust the CH3 buttons until the lights turn off, then turn the steering wheel to confirm.
On step 3, adjust the CH3 buttons until the lights turn on, then turn the steering wheel to confirm.

1. Enter programming mode: Press and hold the top push button, power ON transmitter. Continue to hold until the LED flashes five times. Release the top push button.
2. Use CH3 push buttons to adjust CH3 accessory/servo to desired 1st position. Turn steering wheel clockwise (right) to confirm position 1. The LED will flash one time to confirm position 1 has been saved. Note: Press and holding CH3 push buttons will adjust rapidly. Press and release will finely adjust positions.
3. Use CH3 push buttons to adjust CH3 accessory/servo to desired 2nd position. Turn steering wheel clockwise (right) to confirm position 2. The LED will flash two times to confirm position 2 has been saved.

On step 2 adjust the CH3 buttons until the lights turn off, then turn the steering wheel to confirm.
On step 3, adjust the CH3 buttons until the lights turn on, then turn the steering wheel to confirm.

These are the same instructions in my manual. When I follow them it doesn't work entirely correct. It makes it so I have to push the top twice then the bottom one to get them on and the top twice and bottom once will turn off.

Cool truck you have!
Cut wire put yo own switch I did mine meanwhile

Question:

What do you mean when you say -> On step 2 adjust the CH3 buttons until the lights turn off, then turn the steering wheel to confirm.

I have the same LED setup as the person with the original question, and I cannot program my channel 3 buttons to turn these on and off. I have attempted to follow your instructions multiple times but maybe I am missing something. Here is what I am doing:

- Turning my Truck on
- LED lights come on
- Follow steps 1 - 4 on the transmitter
- Turn the transmitter on, nothing happens.

Can you provide some more detail on the additional pieces to step 2 and 3?

Hi.
Question:

What do you mean when you say -> On step 2 adjust the CH3 buttons until the lights turn off, then turn the steering wheel to confirm.
it's unclear to me if you are using a led controller to control the lights? as if you'll just connect the lights to the receiver directly they will stay on and you'll not be able to control them. so just making that clear.

by "adjust CH3 buttons until lights..." I mean that in this step you set the values for "down" button (to turn off the lights), and the second time you perform it you set the desired value for the "up" button, in which you want to set it so it turns the lights (assuming of course that you're using a controller).

Pretty simple what I am trying to do:

I want the top button on the TTX300 to turn the lights on. I want the bottom/second button on the controller to turn them off.

After messaging here I realized that if I plug the LED's directly into the receiver they will just stay on. So I ordered an On/Off board/switch which will mitigate that...which I will try to program the controller to use.

This is the on/off switch on order: Amazon.com: Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025: Toys & Games

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back