Fireteam Treal Kraton Hubs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
The thin wheel bearings on the FT seem to be a common failure point. I'm assuming this is due to her being a heavy girl, and considering they're used in just about the entire lineup.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with Treal's Kraton hubs (https://www.trealhobby.com/products...ear-hubs-for-arrma-18-kraton-extreme-bash-exb) as they use a larger bearing; 15x24x5 vs 15x21x4. It's quite the investment for these plus the axles, so I'm hoping some folks have some experience with this before I take the plunge.

Yeah the whole 6s line has been using the same size Inner Hub BB since day one. It was always considered Undersized for this application. Design flaw? IMHO.
All the upgrade alloy hubs use a larger "Balled" Inner BB and larger O.D. outer Race, and is included most of the time. A worthy but costly upgrade for the 4 hubs. I know nothing about Treal Arrma hubs. But have much of Treal on both my Axial Crawlers. Always fit right. Treal is well known. Typical Chinese Parts. The anodizing was good. FWIW.
Many guys like the Vitavons. Seem to be the best quality right now. I still run plastic Hubs. I like the flex and lighter weight.
I just buy the inner Hub BB's in bulk packs. They last for me. 10-15 packs is good enough before replacing. They just get sloppy and wear out. If you don't catch it, then they blow out. Seems the Arrma OE BB's fail early . Mine on FT were dry as a bone. I lubed them up when new. 2 of 4 have failed/ exploded at the front so far. One by one I'm swapping out to TRBRC or FE's. But I lube mine when new. They seem to last way longer. I fill 1/3 with Superlube Synthetic grease after cleaning well in fast drying solvent. I do this when new and maybe once more before I toss the BB from normal wear and slop. .
Good to always have bulk packs of the BB's you go through most. Cheaper that way. When BB's explode, they cause other carnage along with it. Bent drive shafts etc. Best to replace BB's before they explode or service them at a minimum.
The reason the Outer BB's last much longer is because The balls are larger despite it having a smaller outer diameter than the Inner BB's.
The hubs are a high load point in the drivetrain. The inner BB's can't keep up with it. The physics...
The Inner BB's have Small Balls.:LOL:
:cool:

Edited.

Last edited:
I purchased these for my notorious and installed them last weekend. My front wheels were wobbling very badly before I did this. I’m not super experienced in the hobby but through 2-6s and 1-4s pack I think they are great. They are the only steering blocks I seen that has three bearings in them but that does add some minor extra weight if that’s a concern.

Though the wheel wobble is now gone in the front. Also a very tight fit on the bearings inside the steering blocks. Comes with a couple extra o-rings per set for the PB retainer as well.

I also did the rear hubs as well. Good quality machining and anodizing.

63AA6628-ABBF-475C-8076-4B4678A6393C.jpeg

CB2C7429-A4F8-430C-9DE8-83835366171D.jpeg

E10CC083-1EAC-4909-BAAF-031C12DC7099.jpeg

Where is the 3rd BB placed and what size is it???
You running the rear TREAL hubs also???

Where is the 3rd BB placed and what size is it???
You running the rear TREAL hubs also???
It’s 8x19x6 and goes in the middle. Here is a screenshot from the steering block on off Amazon. But if you look inside the hub there is a bit of black anodizing between the outer and middle of the hub. Well the middle bearing goes just inside the black anodizing.

Yes running the rear too. They both have three bearings and very smooth German made bearings as well. The rears probably weren’t needed but I wanted them to match.

49F11F7B-A90C-40A7-9EED-8A9662694E8B.jpeg

3 BB's. Looks like a tight strong setup. (y)
Hey I learned something.
Peaked my interest now. TY.:giggle:

Be Eee utiful. When my pillow balls finally pull through the v5 notorious composite I’ll grab these, but they’ve been tougher than the arms on bonehead crashes.

Update-jinxed myself on the inner hubs!

B522B80B-A9B5-4BB5-9FE7-B5A391AE3C97.jpeg

Last edited:
They also have a very pleasant snap when the bearings are fully seated in the hubs as. I maybe weird but it’s very satisfying to feel that snap when they are seated in place and they stay in place very well. I’m not worried about the bearings coming back out on them.
3 BB's. Looks like a tight strong setup. (y)
Hey I learned something.
Peaked my interest now. TY.:giggle:
Treal stuff seems very solid for the Kraton parts. I also have a solid one piece Servo mount I purchased from them as well. The legs and the top plate are all one piece so just four screws from beneath the chassis into the legs and four screws for the Servo.

I haven’t installed it yet but the notorious is getting all new electronics installed next week sometime and will do install it then.

Be Eee utiful. When my pillow balls finally pull through the v5 notorious composite I’ll grab these, but they’ve been tougher than the arms on bonehead crashes.
I honestly been lucky I guess with the plastic stocker hubs.
And I rather pull out a PB than rip out my Arms, snap Tie rods, or crack my Bulkheads. I've broken rear and front hubs before. Don't get me wrong. But they are so cheap. I have spares, I carry out in the field. Just not common for me to eat them often , like many do?

These Treal Hubs are very different with that 3rd middle BB. A worthy upgrade no doubt. These may just be my first set of Alloy Hubs....:)
Dam they look definitely Bullet proof.

It’s 8x19x6 and goes in the middle. Here is a screenshot from the steering block on off Amazon. But if you look inside the hub there is a bit of black anodizing between the outer and middle of the hub. Well the middle bearing goes just inside the black anodizing.

Yes running the rear too. They both have three bearings and very smooth German made bearings as well. The rears probably weren’t needed but I wanted them to match.

View attachment 295646
You find them on Amazon or off Treal website? They have the rubber shields, yes? Amain has them but it lists metal shielded bearings in listing. I'd rather have rubber shields.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back