TRANSMITTERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Only when it comes to AVC I am good with the DX5C or is there better for AVC? Am I at the bottom with AVC in the middle or at the top with AVC tech in the Spektrum rx AVC.
🤷‍♂️
AVC is a pure receiver thing. The only adjust from the radio is the gain for the gyro inside the receiver.
In other words, there is 'no better' AVC transmitter.

AVC is a pure receiver thing. The only adjust from the radio is the gain for the gyro inside the receiver.
In other words, there is 'no better' AVC transmitter.
Thx for the info...depending on where I surf seems some say one gyro is better than the other. I hear ya (y)

Once you have the 3 AVC settings tweaked right, all gravy on the DX5C :)

I have the futaba 4pls and run 3 cars off it seems like a really good transmitter recievers are expensive though

Regarding AVC- it will manage steering and throttle, most systems just use a gyro for steering and no throttle control. Does that make AVC better? In some situations yes, most no. Does it make AVC worse than other systems? Sometimes yes, most of the time no.

Regarding AVC- it will manage steering and throttle, most systems just use a gyro for steering and no throttle control. Does that make AVC better? In some situations yes, most no. Does it make AVC worse than other systems? Sometimes yes, most of the time no.

Seems you summed up the love/hate with it I see here. I do not see many in the middle either one end or the other on AVC. Very interesting.

Power is a king with the RC here I see no one wants to lose throttle. Depending on how I set it for very loose dirt, that cut back in throttle does make bashing so much more fun not to be spinning in endless donuts if I want to be a kid and just gun it, LOL. At the same time, I can hear others say "learn throttle control" which I have more in 2yrs in the hobby. Being 50 and having little time to RC between exec travel, its good to have a cheat or walking stick (AVC) just to aid and enjoy the moment :)

I do wish I had the prior vet years of experience without AVC or before it like many of you... sure I would not care much for it at all.

Last edited:
Seems you summed up the love/hate with it I see here. I do not see many in the middle either one end or the other on AVC. Very interesting.

Power is a king with the RC here I see no one wants to lose throttle. Depending on how I set it for very loose dirt, that cut back in throttle does make bashing so much more fun not to be spinning in endless donuts if I want to be a kid and just gun it, LOL. At the same time, I can hear others say "learn throttle control" which I have more in 2yrs in the hobby. Being 50 and having little time to RC between exec travel, its good to have a cheap or walking stick (AVC) just to aid and enjoy the moment :)

I do wish I had the prior vet years of experience without AVC or before it like many of you... sure I would not care much for it at all.
Meh, I have been in the hobby for +30 years, and I use Gyro on some cars. Depends on the car and the driving conditions. I don't have any radios with AVC, but I'd probably use it on my 2wd SCT if I had it.

I have setups without avc, and don’t use the gyro on my RL and barely use 1/2-3/4 throttle, mostly just 1/2 or less on my max6 kraton exb, typhon had the stock 2050kv and it went 85 when I crashed it 😂 still rebuilding it cause I don’t know what I want to do just yet with it, my limitless is a learning curve from 3s to 6s before I’d even try 8s, and my 3s typhon has a 4s-6s setup in it but I run 3-4s so far. I don’t break much cause I don’t overdo it. But one thing I can count on is my Radio Link has not let me down yet.

As others said, you can run almost any radio system with any ESC and Servo. Over on the air side, you need to worry about PPM and I-Bus and stuff, but for cars it is really simple. ESC and Servos have a 3-wire lead, just plug them in. If they don't work you probably have them plugged in backward, or the RX is not bound.

Spektrum - their radios tend to be pretty cheaply made (if comparing price point) and a lot more money (if comparing feature set) plus the RX cost can get out of hand - they have one 3-channel RX for $30, but most of their RX cost in the $50-$60 range. If you are looking at +$400 radios from Sanwa and Futaba, then the high end Spektrum +$400 starts to be competitive.

Myself, I ran a pair of Radiolink RC4G for many years. (older version of the RC4GS and RC6Gs) Lots of options, plus the RX were around $15 for the version with a gyro. Recently I picked up a Flysky Noble NB4 - $200, but feels like a dream in your hand - great quality + great ergonomics, plus it has race-quality response time, and a nice bid touch screen for radio interface. RX cost is around $20-$60, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive.
I just noticed the radio link

Radiolink RC6GS V2 6 Channels RC Transmitter and Gyro Receiver R7FG,​

Has that gyro and that looks awesome plus it has telemetry as well any thoughts

The Radiolink radios are cheap//great. They look cheap, feel cheap, the screen and buttons look like they were state of the art in 1999, but they work GREAT. Under $100, RX are dirt cheap, range is great, latency is pretty good ~12ms, better than most cheap basher radios (+20ms), but not as quick as the high end racing radios (2-8ms). 10 model memory, and lots of setting. One "Got-ya" is the fail safe. I don't know if they set it different in the newer radios, but for my older RC4G, the fail safe was set to 100%. Full throttle, full left steering. That can get exciting if you power your radio off before the truck, especially inside the house. :eek::eek::eek: Setting 20 in the menu, set it to neutral for all models right away, and you are fine.

Also - they can be run off lipo - pull the battery tray, and use a small lip pack. Transmitter has a user-selectable low voltage alarm, if I am using AA's I will set it to 5.0v, if I am using Lipo, I set it to 7.5v. A small lipo will last a long time.

Last edited:
All the above.
The failsafe works just fine. It's all neutral.
It's my go to transmitter for half my fleet, where range is an issue.
Telemetry needs a sense line to battery terminals but works fine.

Like you mentioned Spektrum only works with Spektrum and since that’s what I have bulk 100 firma esc and firma motor. Don’t I have to use spektrum? There’s a dx5 rugged and a dx5 pro 2021
Any Spektrum Smart ESC will work with any Brand radio.
But if yu want that Smart Telem Fluff to work specifically, you will need a Smart radio.
Just that it doesn't make The Spektrum Smart radios the better performing radio overall.
The Radiolink radios are cheap//great. They look cheap, feel cheap, the screen and buttons look like they were state of the art in 1999, but they work GREAT. Under $100, RX are dirt cheap, range is great, latency is pretty good ~12ms, better than most cheap basher radios (+20ms), but not as quick as the high end racing radios (2-8ms). 10 model memory, and lots of setting. One "Got-ya" is the fail safe. I don't know if they set it different in the newer radios, but for my older RC4G, the fail safe was set to 100%. Full throttle, full left steering. That can get exciting if you power your radio off before the truck, especially inside the house. :eek::eek::eek: Setting 20 in the menu, set it to neutral for all models right away, and you are fine.

Also - they can be run off lipo - pull the battery tray, and use a small lip pack. Transmitter has a user-selectable low voltage alarm, if I am using AA's I will set it to 5.0v, if I am using Lipo, I set it to 7.5v. A small lipo will last a long time.
+1
I use a Lipo also with my RC6gs. Lasts so long. Saving $$ on AA's.(y)

+1
Said best.

I use this one, and love it I run lol my cars and my boat with it, just put receivers in each one and now I can select between them on the remote itself.

View attachment 220766
Receivers cost under $20 each
I got 2 of these and both were sporadic.. i wanted to love them but after the second failed… they would lose connection. Dead car or take off.. only in my arrma vehicles.. i have a slash that it works good in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it might not be so much a signal issue there.
Which lipo?
Using rechargeable AA and they last about 10h, which is plenty. Probably longer.
.Generic AMZ lipo. 4000mah 2s. Removed the tray and it fits. Comes with 3 types of connectors. One is the fit.

20220604_203732.jpg

Last edited:
I also have 2 x 18650's (LG 3kmah) for the RC6GS, I soldered myself as a Backup pack I take in the field with me.
My DX5C I've been using AA sized Lipos (AMZ). Two sets of them. I keep a spare set of regular AA's as backups.
Nothing worse than going out to bash , then to find your Radio is dead at some point.
My NB4 lasts and lasts, having 2 batteries built in. One is the Slave battery, at the base, and can recharge the main battery on demand, in the handle.

Where you guys getting your transmitters from? Online somewhere?
What transmitter are you looking for? That might help us point you in the right direction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back