Thinking of getting a 3D printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I demand this thread is necro'd.

I have begun the search for a printer, and after reading through a couple of threads here, various articles, and the horribly translated (albeit, fun to read) product descriptions, I am leaning towards the Ender 5 Plus. This model has a huge bed and I find this pretty important... I want to avoid the frustrations associated with a smaller printing surface. Any firsthand experience with particular model by anyone here?

There are so many options, it's a bit overwhelming.

I have begun the search for a printer, and after reading through a couple of threads here, various articles, and the horribly translated (albeit, fun to read) product descriptions, I am leaning towards the Ender 5 Plus. This model has a huge bed and I find this pretty important... I want to avoid the frustrations associated with a smaller printing surface. Any firsthand experience with particular model by anyone here?

Don’t get the Ender 5 ?????

I have a heavily upgraded Ender 5 and wish I would have went Ender 3 or CR10. It’s very limited. The bed 220x220 is rather small IMO. I really need at least 300x300 for this hobby but a 500x500 would change the game.

I have been thinking about buying a CR10 Pro V2. I am holding off buying until some projects get a green light with my business. Things have been slow and I spent way too much on RC stuff this year. I also don’t have a good space to put a larger printer right now. When COVID is over and everyone goes back to work I will get my office space back, then I might pull the trigger.

Don’t get the Ender 5 ?????

I have a heavily upgraded Ender 5 and wish I would have went Ender 3 or CR10. It’s very limited. The bed 220x220 is rather small IMO. I really need at least 300x300 for this hobby but a 500x500 would change the game.

I have been thinking about buying a CR10 Pro V2. I am holding off buying until some projects get a green light with my business. Things have been slow and I spent way too much on RC stuff this year. I also don’t have a good space to put a larger printer right now. When COVID is over and everyone goes back to work I will get my office space back, then I might pull the trigger.
The Plus model has a larger bed (350 x 350 x 400mm), I saw your displeasure with the standard Ender 5 so I threw that option out the window lol. The CR10 is solid contender for me as well. This will likely be a "new year" toy, I also can't justify something with this kind of price tag right now.

I absolutely understand... I got into the RC hobby in May and have spent in excess of $5,000 on rigs and parts... apparently I should have put some of that money into the house, according to the lady boss :ROFLMAO:

I am pretty sure I'll be getting the ender extender kit for for ender 3 pro in the 300x300 version ($139), with a 12x12 bed I'll be in it around $160 but I got to the point where I am needing moar room. Infraction sized full skirts are about 280mm so this will fit so I can finally print the 1 piece skirts (and @Camaroboy383 's felony body stuff).

**Edit** I just notice the 400x400 is just $20 more...hmm... Do I have enough room though....

I am pretty sure I'll be getting the ender extender kit for for ender 3 pro in the 300x300 version ($139), with a 12x12 bed I'll be in it around $160 but I got to the point where I am needing moar room. Infraction sized full skirts are about 280mm so this will fit so I can finally print the 1 piece skirts (and @Camaroboy383 's felony body stuff).

**Edit** I just notice the 400x400 is just $20 more...hmm... Do I have enough room though....
Yep the Ender extender for the E3 is an easy and affordable upgrade. Not so easy on a core xy unit. The Ender 5 extender will likely be just a taller Z. No XY expansion. Who really needs taller prints?

Yep the Ender extender for the E3 is an easy and affordable upgrade. Not so easy on a core xy unit. The Ender 5 extender will likely be just a taller Z. No XY expansion. Who really needs taller prints?
Yeah I don't have the Y axis room for a 400x400 bed so I just ordered the 300x300 and I can get a 12x13 piece of tempered glass for a bed surface for like 10 bucks

Yeah I don't have the Y axis room for a 400x400 bed so I just ordered the 300x300 and I can get a 12x13 piece of tempered glass for a bed surface for like 10 bucks
If I sold my Jeep I would have room for a print farm ???????

I too was looking at the Ender 5 plus. I'm still doing my homework on what to get but it looked pretty good. I'm going to have to do a lot of honey do's to get this approved by the wife unit after my RC spending this year. ?

If I sold my Jeep I would have room for a print farm ???????

Don’t sell the Jeep - just give up your office desk!

56B9074E-965C-4BB1-B106-7C54A5723E60.jpeg

Time to commandeer the living room space, tell her it's for a noble cause!

I know, I know, it didn't work when I tried it either. :LOL:
I was thinking moving into a larger house might make more sense ??‍♂️???

We currently live in a small condo and want to find a modest house with 4 acres or more of land. Waiting for the housing market to go bust again and play the dip.

I seriously considered buying one, and then decided not to. I've got way too many hobbies as it is, and I'd be spread to thin if I bought one and spent the required time to get good with it.

-BUT- You guys did inspire me to download the software, and learn how to use it so I could manipulate the data files so I could read them, so that's something.

Pretty neat to be able to take a 3D drawing and flip it around any way at all you want to. And it helped me brush up on my CADFOO, too, so thanks again.

Ender 5 Pro
I've owned mine for about 2 months and it is fantastic. There is plenty to learn but as long as you level out the bed every few prints and make sure your slicer settings are perfect you should be good.

Good link thanks. Their lineup seems to be slightly confusing as some of their products could almost be competing against each other.

As I understand it the Ender is aimed as more of an entry level however, they have some better/improved things like the better power supplies and possibly more aftermarket support...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back