Vendetta The Vendaton keeps blowing over… help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborhater383ci

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Senton 3s
I’m gonna give her another go tomorrow with the ass end way higher than I feel necessary, but I’ve tried a splitter, softer front spring tension, stiffer front tension, had it as low as possible in the front and have had it raised more, and have the rear travel limited to only a few mm with rubber tubing on the shock shafts… splitter is no longer due to a blow over but luckily that’s the only thing I’ve broken at all. Any and all advice will be taken and tested because I’ve just got to beat my 106 pb and it seems like I’m slowing down from where I was and I don’t see why.. This is one of many

IMG_8948.jpeg

IMG_8949.jpeg

IMG_8945.png

For 1 thing that wide stance is not helping you out at all and the air is getting under the body. Loose the stance and you'll loose flight time. Stiffen shocks up and tape gaps.

I guess i should have mentioned the point of the car is to be a 4s kraton still. I know having the wheels out doesn’t help with drag but I figured not having wheels under the wheel arches I could block off the entire underside of the body and have pretty much no air going up into the body, which I did with duct tape when I had the splitter and it still caught air and that’s when I lost the splitter privileges. I have an aluminum splitter and air dams coming in the mail but I’m thinking of trying a different diy method today, Along with the front adjustable droop solution I came up with. Looking at the underside of the car it’s pretty damn flat nothing much anywhere sticks out, the factory skid plate stuck out way more and kept me from lowering it as much as I wanted in the front without constantly bottoming out

IMG_8969.jpeg

IMG_8970.jpeg

IMG_8971.jpeg

I guess i should have mentioned the point of the car is to be a 4s kraton still. I know having the wheels out doesn’t help with drag but I figured not having wheels under the wheel arches I could block off the entire underside of the body and have pretty much no air going up into the body, which I did with duct tape when I had the splitter and it still caught air and that’s when I lost the splitter privileges. I have an aluminum splitter and air dams coming in the mail but I’m thinking of trying a different diy method today, Along with the front adjustable droop solution I came up with. Looking at the underside of the car it’s pretty damn flat nothing much anywhere sticks out, the factory skid plate stuck out way more and kept me from lowering it as much as I wanted in the front without constantly bottoming out

View attachment 363033

View attachment 363034

View attachment 363035

Two things I see right off the bat..
1. For Speed.. You need to loose the rear horizontal wing ,because of the long body, that wing generates enough force to push the backside down and lefts the front every time.

(You can Keep those side plates)

2. The duct tape front suspension skirts aren't helping. It needs to be of stiffer material to not flex at high speeds.
It's most likely changing shape due to the vacuum generated underneath and bowing downward. And becoming little scoops to catch air.. or just directing air causing some lift.

Oh and a PSA:
You should get up on a ladder or on top of your 1:1 vehicle when Speed running on such narrow streets.
Your rig will put You or your cameraman in the ER if it hits y'all at 100+MPH...

Just a courtesy heads up.

Don't get flesh-staples like this fella.. 😬
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rc-related-injury.70283/#post-1079997

Last edited:
Probably better off with no body if keeping that stance. See no reason to use the Vendetta body.

Ditch the shocks and run struts while speed running. Put a splitter back on and run the front as low as you can get away with. Tape the front.

Agree.

You need a front splitter to keep majority of the air stream flowing Above the body.

Probably better off with no body if keeping that stance. See no reason to use the Vendetta body.
When I had it on the stock motor and just a 6s setup, my top speed jumped up 10mph consistently

Ditch the shocks and run struts while speed running. Put a splitter back on and run the front as low as you can get away with. Tape the front.
When you say struts are we talking turnbuckles?

Back