The harsh reality of speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I had a good first ten speed runs with my rlaarlo 917. I hit 108 and then the reality hit. Had a tire blow apart at 104 and was not to bad but Tuesday I had a bearing fail at 108 and after adding the parts for repairs I decided to just order and new roller...

I destroyed a custom built Bandit by hitting a dip in the pavement that was hard to even notice, was going less than 60. Lost control and hit a building, oops.🤣
Lost all interest in doing speed runs after that.
Jimmy Fallon Please GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I destroyed a custom built Bandit by hitting a dip in the pavement that was hard to even notice, was going less than 60. Lost control and hit a building, oops.🤣
Lost all interest in doing speed runs after that.
Jimmy Fallon Please GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Pretty sure that was last summer right? Think I remember seeing the pics of what was left 😬

I rolled my 3s infraction three times now. Once when i was doing around 40 and the wind hit it and got under it, again right after that when i was doing about 50 and then once at low speed.
Its fun going super fast but alot happens really quick, way faster than you can respond.
On the plus side, after i scratched it i don't care and have a blast beating the crap out of it and going fast speeds. Long fast drifts etc. In the end isnt that what fast car hobbies have always been about? Going faster than your best, beating someone else's speed and ust having a good time while your doing it?

Back