Team Corally XTR Kronos roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think the XTR roller has the 7075 fitted, they just aren't stamped
On rc explosions description the are stated as 7075.

FB684778-A188-4C83-9FEB-6182ED26F613.jpeg

How about drivability/handling, electronics comparison "what works best in each", speed test, and durability. ;) Did I ask for too much?
will try and compare all those things... right now the XTR is being put back together after the cleanup and is being transformed into a beast.

max 6 , hobbystar 4585 1580KV motor 17T pinion is the biggest you can get on there I think... and I think I’ll put the stock tires back on.. I haven’t even tried them yet... we’ll see how long it takes to shred em... 🤣😂

I would say weight.

The lsd diffs (Arrma difs in general are poor compared to most all others...) are A huge turn off for me.
I’d love to do a stock for stock weight check but my kraton exb is completely basherqueen’d out :) so it has a bit less that stock weight but I will check it!

I was put off by the exb diffs at first but I actually really like them now I think they are a lot stronger than RTR .. all opinion of course 🤷🏻‍♂️

some peaks at progress..
C54AF0F2-A9A6-4995-850B-A0A1FD28EF22.jpeg
all clean and being reassembled..
F3C03F39-0017-43B3-913A-EAEB96271E5E.jpeg
Clearance for drive shaft
7AC4BC50-0880-42B5-858C-BA5A172D9B20.jpeg
Beauty Washer delete, makes the 4585 just barely clear... you have to do the rear (2) washers.

Last edited:
Video in the making.. what do people
Want to see compared... View attachment 137678
RCP,
Thanks for doing this... one thing that I would find interesting is comparing the gearing. They seem to have different internal gearing... if you can get the two to match overall gearing wise, are they the same speed? (PS I have a Kuron 825 motor I can loan you if you are interested)

Other things would be weight/size/track comparison and maybe balance F/R and side to side.

Maybe engineering pros and cons and a little on parts price comparison.

I asked my LHS to get me one, trying to support kica but their supplier is out so it might be a little bit.

Hurricane

Mine came today 😁😁😁

Just looking over it now..!! So far I'm really impressed with it, much better value than the KEXB in my opinion..!!
I'm going to get some of the upgrades too, not sure which ones yet though going to see what @Rcproponent breaks first 🤣🤣🤣

No idea what color I'm going to paint the 2nd body... (Arrma take note..!! start supplying two bodies, 1x painted 1x clear)

After looking over it for around 20 minutes so far, I think the steering is much smoother than the EXB, the wheels/tyres seem pretty bad but the wheels are stiff and the tyres feel glued really well, only time will tell (as other youtubers have said though the sidewalls feel really soft and they balloon badly)
Less slop than any of my Arrma's out the box, drive train feels nice and smooth 😁 overall build quality is very good, the plastics feel good.
Doesn't' feel cheap and nasty, to be honest it actually feels as good if not better than Arrma's, again only time will tell how it performs and survives..!!

Going to use a Max6 with either a 4092 or 4082, undecided on pinion size yet, DS3235 servo..

Real busy with work atm so doubt I'll get out to test it till the weekend at the earliest 😩

I'll report back soon 👍🏼

Mine came today 😁😁😁

Just looking over it now..!! So far I'm really impressed with it, much better value than the KEXB in my opinion..!!
I'm going to get some of the upgrades too, not sure which ones yet though going to see what @Rcproponent breaks first 🤣🤣🤣

No idea what color I'm going to paint the 2nd body... (Arrma take note..!! start supplying two bodies, 1x painted 1x clear)

After looking over it for around 20 minutes so far, I think the steering is much smoother than the EXB, the wheels/tyres seem pretty bad but the wheels are stiff and the tyres feel glued really well, only time will tell (as other youtubers have said though the sidewalls feel really soft and they balloon badly)
Less slop than any of my Arrma's out the box, drive train feels nice and smooth 😁 overall build quality is very good, the plastics feel good.
Doesn't' feel cheap and nasty, to be honest it actually feels as good if not better than Arrma's, again only time will tell how it performs and survives..!!

Going to use a Max6 with either a 4092 or 4082, undecided on pinion size yet, DS3235 servo..

Real busy with work atm so doubt I'll get out to test it till the weekend at the earliest 😩

I'll report back soon 👍🏼
Wait, no useless plastic lug wrench included like what came with my BRCC? That's a deal breaker ;)

So, the kraton shocks bolt up to this bad boy... not saying the xtr’s shocks are bad or anything but I had to know ... plus there are aftermarket stuff available for the kraton shocks so I thought it would be good to know..

so I got them mounted up while I change out the fluids in the xtr shocks. 👍🏻
5779820D-FF3E-4F54-830F-DBCD32C18F1F.jpeg
1DBEDBE3-8F38-4265-8620-BE12220FB04B.jpeg
F3F17F1D-AD61-4C93-8B23-D7AA5A128795.jpeg
800A305F-FEAF-43CF-846A-D7B179CFCABD.jpeg
CFB1C9F5-2625-49D4-A805-2201DF5EB190.jpeg

I have no idea. I will say though that this thing has insane power out of the box, much more than my Notorious V5. It's pretty much uncontrollable on 6S, so a totally stock power system would be enough IMO.
I have absolutely no problem running it on 6's. This thing is smooth and fast. And thats after increasing the punch settings.

I have absolutely no problem running it on 6's. This thing is smooth and fast. And thats after increasing the punch settings.

Yeah, it's not literally uncontrollable, it's just very fast. I have mine set to punch 9, it's way faster than an Arrma 6S on max punch. And I'm not talking top speed, I'm talking the power delivery is ballistic.

Ive been running mine lately and theres an annoying fault that seems pretty well known and a remedy that is not as well known. The pillow balls are a bit undersized for the blocks so they pull out easy. This fellow
confirmed my thoughts and uses arrma balls for a tighter fit. The difference is around .010" which may not sound like much but fixes the issue. Other than that I've been having fun with it. I don't think the arms are as tough as arrma but haven't broke any yet. Other guys don't seem to be having this issue so maybe its hit or miss...

Just posting this vid in the two Corally threads, cheers @Jimbobjr for finding it..

So I had a sit down with the engineer at a local fab /machine shop that does this type of work. I brought him the front tower brace to look at because I know that's the most difficult part to make. We talked about redesigning it for simplicity/strength and they plan on getting back to me with a quote. I plan to take them some of the other parts that need work(ackerman,chassis,hingepin holders, pins, possibly the gearbox). My question to you guys is, do you think there would be enough demand if I ordered say 50 of each part(assuming the pricing/quality is comparable to similar products) and do you have any suggestions on other upgrades. LMK

Ps. Im just doing this because I have a poop ton of free time. I was in a bad motorcycle accident last September and currently can't work in my profession. So I'm bored as fiddlestick lmao. If they're able to make the parts of good quality I will sell them basically at cost.

So I had a sit down with the engineer at a local fab /machine shop that does this type of work. I brought him the front tower brace to look at because I know that's the most difficult part to make. We talked about redesigning it for simplicity/strength and they plan on getting back to me with a quote. I plan to take them some of the other parts that need work(ackerman,chassis,hingepin holders, pins, possibly the gearbox). My question to you guys is, do you think there would be enough demand if I ordered say 50 of each part(assuming the pricing/quality is comparable to similar products) and do you have any suggestions on other upgrades. LMK

Ps. Im just doing this because I have a poop ton of free time. I was in a bad motorcycle accident last September and currently can't work in my profession. So I'm bored as fiddlestick lmao. If they're able to make the parts of good quality I will sell them basically at cost.
Would these fit all the other TC bashers, not just the XTR? That would make selling 50 more possible. if it’s XTR only, then the possibility of selling 50 is more challenging.

I’ve only had mine for a short time so I am l still learning about the TC vehicles. I like it so far though so will upgrade it as needed. So I’d take one set for sure.
Hurricane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back