Talion Talion Times ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motor came to slow sieze up, appears I did bend shaft slightly enough to finally stop the motor after busting up gears.got a 2000kv motor coming ,be starting over new pinon,spur gear too now that they are worn unevenly.

IMG_20170429_105648.jpg
You should be able to see a bent motor shaft. Those apparently its either you did or did not. To me it sounds more you cook3d that motor. Did you ever used a temp gun to check if it was hitting 200F?

Knock on wood... mine its been running good.

Although I scored this vintage rc and have been silly tweaking it for the last week.

Got temp checker an I do check often. When I got new pinon after break,I couldn't figure out why mesh was uneven around spur. This was 1st time I took motor out of car to get good look at motor shaft.motor just barely turns now an can see shaft run out,gets very hot in seconds.

Home from work, couldn't resist. What ya think. I was checking heat,went fast when it did. Never checked over 140 degrees when checking.ran fan 1st half a dozen runs then wire broke off under side fan.never ran wide open all the time,never longer then20 min sessions.?
IMG_20170502_155049194.jpg

The magic combo for me is 5S on a 17T, lighter sway bars and rear springs.

Was having a blast on this construction site. Trying to climb this dirt hill, this Talion is indestructible, cracked the rear body holes, held in place by magic.

It flew, rolled, flipped, wheelie, so much fun... the cloud and tail of dust made it look like a desert baja...
IMG_20170514_134150.jpg

and in between battery breaks, ran the Rustler and the large scale, fun day after all. Only thing that broke was the exhaust coupler and some of the tires need reglued.
IMG_20170514_135617.jpg

IMG_20170514_183130.jpg

Took it for a spin on a construction site. Way too muddy, but what the heck it had been a while so I went for it.

After just one battery removed about 5 pounds of mud. Then took the crawler for a spin... very nice weather, now not the not so fun part, cleaning all that mud.
IMG_20170618_124725.jpg

IMG_20170618_124747.jpg

And this is my crawler, a metal chassis, oil filled shocks, metal gear servo...
IMG_20170618_125513.jpg

IMG_20170618_130838.jpg

Good to hear. It just sometimes you sound too excited as if you just started in RC, thats my perception.

I drive mine in a bashing spot near my house, it has grassy flat sections, a few rollin hills, some dirt area and a clean straightway.

For those all out days I break out the 1/5th scale and on into a public school field;

View attachment 9130

or this one for when I am in jump mode mood.
View attachment 9131

Hey crankestein

What vehicle is that red buggy? Looks mean

I guess you are talking about the Rovan (also known King Motors) HPI Baja clones.

They are fun to drive, on very loose dirt, not recommended, but on hard semi compact its a monster with rooster tails all day. It puts on a show any park I drive it. It has a 30cc engine, now with a Dominator pipe, and that truly woke the engine up, I can rip the grass lines of about 10 to 15 feet. Of all, its my favorite, and its more of a orange color, hopefully you are not asking about the Talion, its understood is covered in mud, je je and difficult to read the model.

A quick uplift with new wheels. Need to clean up the truck and snap a few w the new body... for now just wanted to show the new shoes for the Talion.

Attachments

• IMG_20180202_184605.jpg
    IMG_20180202_184605.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20180202_184641.jpg
    IMG_20180202_184641.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 53
https://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1071.html

Delivered pre-glued, $15.00 a pair. During check out, under shipping method, select - spare parts express for FREE shipping, over $25.00.

5% coupon code: RCCAR5

The tires are high quality, a little on the soft side. I wish they would not arrive pre-glued so I can tape them and work w the inner foam. For bashing and killing some fun time, they are great.
I need to put heavier oil in the center diff to prevent ballooning. Now with those tires all it needs is a pick-up truck body, I know is gonna look sick.

Last edited:
From what I have read on other forums, and I think on this same site, the only difference is the thread pattern (more truck style), color, price, but they deliver the same.

I ran mine on loose dirt and grass, and its night and day difference, just what the Talion needed. It wheelies easily on 5S and if I recall I have a 19 or 20T, so the truck handles for my test much better on 4S 3600mah. I think it lost a little on the top end, but what I enjoy the most is the power out of the hole and in the mid range of the torque curve. IMO top end passes all they do is shred the tires sooner than later.
Did two holes on opposite side of each tire, top/bottom of course, not side to side and notice much less ballooning.
Its OOC cause had too much fun yesterday and blew a bearing, and to the testament of reliability of ARRMA trucks, it kept running until the whole bearing blew out, lol.

Not to convince anyone, but I dare to say that this is the tire size the Talion needs to shine. The chunky heavy tires help on rough terrain, wheelies are a joke even when turning if I feel like it, and truggy overall feels more planted. The tails of dirt do make it look sick. Have gone through 4 lipo packs pushing the tires to the extreme, and so far no tears, shredding, holding on in one piece.... will report w any changes/ follow up.
IMG_20180203_162459.jpg

View attachment 9879
Although I scored this vintage rc and have been silly tweaking it for the last week.

Wow this is weird...I had this exact buggy as a kid and was literally just talking about it this morning but I couldn't remember the name of it to search for it. Awesome! Thanks for the throwback!

If I remember correctly it was pretty fast, it had 2 speeds a high and a low although it only ran for about 3 minutes on the high setting and then wait 4 hours for the battery to charge again lol. Good times.

Mongoose;

I got rid of the tamiya and now is on deans connectors. It has twin 380 Mabuchi motors pushed by a Zippy 2S 1800mah battery. Motors and connector just a little warm after driving it hard.

Its zippy to follow up w the same word, the Mabuchis still running strong after all these years. You are correct, low and high, and is very easy to trim the steering, stays true on straightaways. The only part missing is the transmitter battery lid held w a o-ring over it.

Jerry;
The tires are about the same size and weight as Proline Badlands. The only mod done is two holes in the center, opposite sides, in the center of the rear tires, and three holes on the front tires same location spaced out across the tire equally.

From factory they are very plush, the holes help get the air out on high speed jumps and after high jumps. It does have air holes in the rims, its one mean big tire, and for my taste I wanted them w less cushioning.

They are $15 a pair, and when checking out select for parts so its free shipping. I think I posted the info w a coupon code a few posts back. // post #31

Still rollin the Talion, one of the wheels has a small crack, but still pushes through mud easy. As usual, nothing better than a cool mud bath on this hot humid weather... je je!

Serviced the front shocks and center diff, running on 5S 60C, wheelie bar and so on w a 17T

This truggy still has the original body (which I like moe than the ugly pancake new design), there is lots of gorilla glue under it. Soon gotta replace the center dog bones as they are somewhat worn out, do the job.

V1 & V2 Talion > V3 & V4 all day every day bro.

Have you ever had those tires off the rims? I had picked up the "fangs" tires from Nitrorcx and when I removed them from the wheels the "foam" wasn't even foam it was it was some sort of fabric.

V1 & V2 Talion > V3 & V4 all day every day bro.

Have you ever had those tires off the rims? I had picked up the "fangs" tires from Nitrorcx and when I removed them from the wheels the "foam" wasn't even foam it was it was some sort of fabric.

No, I have not, they are extremely strong, I have ran them to tear them up, but they still glued to the wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back