Talion XL Talion street conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the parts in yesterday. They sent aluminum towers instead of carbon fiber. Funny thing is I almost ordered aluminum to start with. Now that I see them with the silver shocks I like the look so Im keeping them, lol. Will start working on it this evening.
View attachment 359889
I hope those springs are stiff enough.
If not look at PP springs.

I hope those springs are stiff enough.
If not look at PP springs.
They seem pretty stiff, took a lot more effort than I am used to just getting the spring retainer off. The internal piston has a single hole instead of multiple. Will that slow down the rebound? And is that a good thing, bad thing or personal preference?

Last edited:
They seem pretty stiff, took a lot more effort than I am used to just getting the spring retainer off. The internal piston has a single hole instead of multiple. Will that slow down the rebound? And is that a good thing, bad thing or personal preference?
Yeah the single hole will slow travel both ways.

About 95% done. Just need to mount the body, add preload to the rear springs, and set the camber and toe with some GRPs on it.
Went through the diffs, 1 bearing felt a little off so I replaced it then filled with 30/500/20. Shocks have 2k oil
Running a Max 6 & Hobbystar 4282 1780kv with 24/46 gearing right now. Thinking thats pretty close to what I'll like on 6s, running same gearing and 4s on my Typhon with a 2050kv motor and thats about perfect. Should get to run it this weekend.
1000005966.jpg
1000005965.jpg

Last edited:
Just took it for a first run today, only charged one 6s battery. Weather was sunny most of the day and 65, was cloudy by the time I went out, asphalt temps were around 70, decided to run some XM5 compound GRP's.
All I can say is: WOW! LOVE THIS RIG!😁

Pretty happy with everything but the parking lot I used wasn't big, not a lot of room for higher speed, but lots of torque and takeoff power, handles very good for now. I didn't push it much, full throttle for about 1-2 seconds before I would run out of space. May need a few minor adjustments as I get used to it and push it harder.

Going to charge 2 6s packs for tomorrow and go to some new warehouses recently built with huge parking lots, cant wait to run it again with some space to blast harder!😎

53/100 Hoons were delivered and put on it today. Definitely looks better but rain is forecasted for the next few days so might be a while before I get to give them a run.
1000006339.jpg

Last edited:
Back