Granite Stock servo and servo saver/horn don’t play nice together.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just changing the servo doesn't fix the servo saver from frequent slipping. I really dislike the granite servo saver design, as my son constantly slips the saver causing the wheels to lock either left or right. The only solution is to take the electronic box out, pull off the servo saver, readjust and Center it, and then put it back together. I tighten the top screw significantly tight and I do not have a screw in the back... as I've made that mistake also and stripped out my Savox metal gear servo.

Has anybody put a spring loaded Servo saver, similar to Traxxas, into their granite? I never have this issue with my Rustler as it has a better Servo saver setup.

Yeah, even Arrma realized that design was no good. My Granite 4x4 came with a Kimbrough-style spring loaded SS. I'd say for sure, get a Kimbrough if the stock one is not playing nice.

On the Traxxas SS that is like the Kimbrough - I had a few of those I used on my ECX Torment (another truck with a sucky stock servo saver). The traxxas version has a habbit of stripping the splines, then you need a new one. I swapped to a Kimbrough, and never had an issue with my Torment's steering.

The New Arrma SS -
20180312_213215.jpg

Awesome! So just how new is your granite? I bought mine the end of May.

oh, well mine is older than that. So they went back to the old triangle servo saver? Dang. Get a Kimbrough and have one less thing to stress over.

It’s funny. The servo saver is one thing I haven’t had an issue with and I have the triangle one.

I don't have any servo saver ... still the same Arrma 15M servo I put in last november

20180825_170854.jpg
Yeah, even Arrma realized that design was no good. My Granite 4x4 came with a Kimbrough-style spring loaded SS. I'd say for sure, get a Kimbrough if the stock one is not playing nice.

On the Traxxas SS that is like the Kimbrough - I had a few of those I used on my ECX Torment (another truck with a sucky stock servo saver). The traxxas version has a habbit of stripping the splines, then you need a new one. I swapped to a Kimbrough, and never had an issue with my Torment's steering.

The New Arrma SS -
View attachment 21293
Did you drill a bigger hole for that screw to attached the arm? Did you use the same screw or use a different size? The silver screw is what came with the Kimbrough, but it is too short when used with the arrma arm.

Last edited:
I ended up drilling the middle, bottom hole bigger and used the same screw that the Arrma used. Seems to be okay so far. However the screw that holds the servo saver to the servo gear was too long because the Arrma servo saver was significantly taller. Luckly I had the same size screw but shorter in my growing spare supply.

Those were the 2 things I didn't think about until I started installing it. But quickly found solutions.

Last edited:
I dremmel screws to size if I have the right diameter but the length is too long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back