Kraton Stock model lost power and now wont turn on properly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IzzyW27

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have had my kraton for about a year now with zero complaints! Nothing bad has happened so far and it's been a blast bashing with my friends. Today however after about 20 minutes (in 68 degree weather) my car lost all power and steering. After a quick check the motor was very hot and I deemed it overheated. After a few hours of cooling off and checking the batteries, I attempted to turn the car on and there isn't any startup sounds, throttle, or steering. Is my ESC fried? Any help is needed!

Hard to say... My kratons esc became unresponsive when the servo went out lol. Unplug the servo from the transmitter box and try to start the rig. If it starts then there is your problem. If it still doesn't post probably ESC... Max6 G2 calling your name they are super cheap right now!

Any lights illuminated on the esc?
No lights visible besides the power button light

Further information I powered it on normally again with noises, but then it all shut off once there was movement in the car. .5 seconds of running

Hard to say... My kratons esc became unresponsive when the servo went out lol. Unplug the servo from the transmitter box and try to start the rig. If it starts then there is your problem. If it still doesn't post probably ESC... Max6 G2 calling your name they are super cheap right now!
Do you remember what you did that fried the servo? Wondering if this was preventable

Do you remember what you did that fried the servo? Wondering if this was preventable
Drove the car. Stock servos are absolute dog poop. If yours truly lasted a year you should feel very blessed.

Understood. Any recs for a new servo?
Run through the trouble shooting process. Check your wires as stated above. If you determine its the servo, the one I put in all my trucks is the perfect pass monster servo. It is however for sure overkill and you can get a cheaper and it work just fine. There are lots of threads on the forum about other servos. I just like to fix it once and be done when it comes to servos, and I have never had a monster fail on me and it takes an unreal amount of abuse. Whatever servo you end up with will likely be 25t instead of the stock 23t so Keep that in mind. The best solution for installing this is the Hot Racing Aluminum Fixed Link Steering 25t Servo Arm. Its a cheap part and will bolt right on while its out I would also recommend upgrading the servo mount to a metal or carbon fiber one. Lots of ppl sell them they aren't expensive either. I have the hot racing version on my Kraton.

If it ends up being the ESC I recommend upgrading to the hobbywing max6 g2 system however if you want to save money you can get a stock ESC from JennysRC for like 40-50 bucks

Run through the trouble shooting process. Check your wires as stated above. If you determine its the servo, the one I put in all my trucks is the perfect pass monster servo. It is however for sure overkill and you can get a cheaper and it work just fine. There are lots of threads on the forum about other servos. I just like to fix it once and be done when it comes to servos, and I have never had a monster fail on me and it takes an unreal amount of abuse. Whatever servo you end up with will likely be 25t instead of the stock 23t so Keep that in mind. The best solution for installing this is the Hot Racing Aluminum Fixed Link Steering 25t Servo Arm. Its a cheap part and will bolt right on while its out I would also recommend upgrading the servo mount to a metal or carbon fiber one. Lots of ppl sell them they aren't expensive either. I have the hot racing version on my Kraton.

If it ends up being the ESC I recommend upgrading to the hobbywing max6 g2 system however if you want to save money you can get a stock ESC from JennysRC for like 40-50 bucks
Thanks for the tips! Would you recommend upgrading anything else from the stock parts? If I'm going to be upgrading, may as well do it up.

Thanks for the tips! Would you recommend upgrading anything else from the stock parts? If I'm going to be upgrading, may as well do it up.
don't ask me this dude. I am not responsible when it comes to this...... I have spent close to or over $1000 on upgrades on my Kraton lol.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i-said-i-was-done-for-a-bit-i-lied.70569/#post-1085624

here is post on what I have done to my Kraton if you have any specific questions on something let me know.

The rational advice is if it breaks upgrade it. I just don't follow that advice lol

don't ask me this dude. I am not responsible when it comes to this...... I have spent close to or over $1000 on upgrades on my Kraton lol.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i-said-i-was-done-for-a-bit-i-lied.70569/#post-1085624

here is post on what I have done to my Kraton if you have any specific questions on something let me know.

The rational advice is if it breaks upgrade it. I just don't follow that advice lol
Yeah I get where you're coming from my BF spent over $2000 on his xmaxx

Back