Limitless Starting small

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Hey all. Been into RC for a long time but this is the first time I have built my own from a roller. The Limitless is exactly what I have wanted for a long time: open wheel that doesn't require a perfectly flat surface.

I have seen a ton of YouTube videos on how fast people have gone. Great stuff but I'm keeping this sub 200mph for now (sarcasm there). I figured a good starting point would be this:
Limitless
G2 4274SD 2250Kv
XeRun XR8 Plus
ADS-15M servo
SMC 3s 5200mAh
DX5C with SR6100AT

It won't break any speed records but should be nimble and fun. The biggest question I have right now is the compatibility of the SR6100AT and the telemetry from the Hobbywing motor and ESC. Will I be able to stream telemetry from the Hobbywing components to the DX5C controller?

I'm also wondering about speed telemetry. I saw in a video that they got speed telemetry through the Spektrum Smart system. I'm shying away from doing their full Smart electrical power plant (ESC, motor, and battery) but was wondering if speed telemetry is an option with my current setup. Not a deal breaker but curious.

Welcome to AF.
Good questions. Seems like we have the same HW combo. I have in my Lim. I use a DX5C. But an SRS6000 old school AVC Rx. (no telem) I disabled AVC THR. and ST. Don't like it. I played with that for so long, disabled it and realized I don't need it for my driving. It goes against you. I believe Telem will work, just not for specific cell voltages. For that, a Smart Lipo and and Firma ESC is needed. But standard telem data should be attainable. Again I don't have the Telem Rx you have. Have considered getting it.
I run my XR8+ ESC in Hybrid Sensored mode for speed running. If not just bashing around I use Full sensored mode. I never disabled sensor mode except when I had AVC Throttle issues. (but AVC disabled now) But, I think you need ESC in Full sensored mode for Motor telem data./RPM/Speed and motor temps at the Radio. If you don't have the HW Wifi adapter and the HW App. its a must have. Also make sure your DX5C FW (the Raceware update) is updated as well as your ESC FW. Many guys went with the Castle ESC and motors. I didnt. I like the HW XR8+. Have it in my Tekno MT with the 1900kv motor. And liked it enough for the Lim. Castle for me is next time around.:cool:
Edit: BTW Im getting 64mph with 4S, stock spool gear and 27T pinion. I need more space to throw on a bigger pinion and 6S for real speed. Its insanely fast. Space is a problem. But I get a lot of fun with 4S. Runs cool. Consider a dual fan YR HS/fan setup. Absolutely. The Lim has a very tight closed body and air circulation practically nil.
The ADS15 is not all that. But will work. I still have the original ADS15 in the Infraction. Has not died yet. But that ADS15 is horrible for the Offroad Basher 6S rigs. FWIW. (Too weak and slow) Its just not a digital servo. I upped my servo to an Amazon 25kg digital. like $30. Better precision and speed. I set my XR*+ BEC to 7.2v for better Servo power and speed. The ADS15 cant handle AVC well btw. Because it is analog. Just some pointers. Others may chime in.

Last edited:
Welcome to AF.
Good question. Seems like we have the same HW combo. I have in my Lim. I use a DX5C. But an SRS6000 old school AVC Rx. (no telem) I disabled AVC THR. and ST. Don't like it. I played with that for so long, disabled it and realized I don't need it for my driving. It goes against you. I believe Telem will work, just not for specific cell voltages. For that, a Smart Lipo and and Firma ESC is needed. But standard telem data should be attainable. Again I don't have the Telem Rx you have. Have considered getting it.
I run my XR8+ ESC in Hybrid Sensored mode for speed running. If not just bashing around I use Full sensored mode. I never disabled sensor mode except when I had AVC Throttle issues. (but AVC disabled now) But, I think you need ESC in Full sensored mode for Motor telem data./RPM/Speed and motor temps at the Radio. If you don't have the HW Wifi adapter and the HW App. its a must have. Also make sure your DX5C FW (the Raceware update) is updated as well as your ESC FW. Many guys went with the Castle ESC and motors. I didnt. I like the HW XR8+. Have it in my Tekno MT with the 1900kv motor. And liked it enough for the Lim. Castle for me is next time around.:cool:
I notice alot of people run the Castle setup. Only reason I didn't go that route is because of the 130A limit. Even at a lower voltage, the XR8+ is almost the same output as the MMX8S... almost. I considered a TP motor with a ZTW Beast Pro SS 220A as an alternative but that has no telemetry and figured I would start with something with feedback. Though with your feedback about AVC, I may shy away from that transmitter/receiver combo completely.

Is the goal to go over 100 mph?
In general HW ESCs have amp limiting that will keep you from going real fast.
If you plan to mess around for things other than speed runs then gear it for 70 mph or less so it will stay cool and you will have a blast with it!

Is the goal to go over 100 mph?
In general HW ESCs have amp limiting that will keep you from going real fast.
If you plan to mess around for things other than speed runs then gear it for 70 mph or less so it will stay cool and you will have a blast with it!
To be 100% honest, I only see doing speed runs on rare occasions. Not many places near where I could safely go 100mph+ which means a bit of a drive. Would it be cool to see it fly by? Sure. But not something I see doing alot of.

After reading some threads, I think going with an 8s ESC with a decent more may yield what I want. Run it on 6s when I'm just playing and 8s when I want to go fast. As for gearing, great thought. Hadn't thought of changing the gears for acceleration, just motor and batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back