Spektrum SLT3 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Just got my Spektrum SLT3 remote in the mail today. It came with the spektrum slr300 receiver. Got this all for 31 dollars or so on eBay. I’m using it in my fully upgraded traxxas slash 4x4. I’m going to rate it in three categories and compare it to my traxxas tqi.

Reaponsiveness: This remote is a huge upgrade from the stx2, it has a great response time and you feel a way better connect with your car than you did with the stx2. Compares to the tqi, it might have a bit of a smaller response time or the same, hard to tell.

Range: Furthest out I got this car today was around 400 feet but it had zero issues at that range and the response time was the same as it was up close. Seems like it will go fairly far. The antenna in the slr300 receiver is actually fairly short so I put it in an antenna tube and taped it to my receiver box.

Overall feel- Feels like a very high quality radio in the hand, especially compared to the tqi. It’s also quite a bit smaller than the tqi. It’s has a good feeling foam wheel for steering and notches on the trigger for a better feel. The tqi has a sticky feel to it with the throttle and steering which doesn’t bother me that much but this SLT3 has a much looser feel to it but still maintains good spring tension in the trigger and wheel. For the traxxas remotes you usually have a 50/50 (throttle/brake) option or 70/30. The SLT3 has a 70/30 feel to it which is new to me but I don’t mind it.

Features- The SLT3 comes with steering dual rate, throttle and steering trim, steering reverse, throttle reverse, and the 50/75/100 power option.

Overall for the 31 dollars I paid, I could be more happy with this new transmitter and receiver. Compared to a 100 dollar tqi set up, I like the overall feel of the spektrum a lot more and it’s a lot easier to make small adjustments with.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Isn’t the news SLT3 compatible the tactic receivers? Also is it compatible with 5-6 channel spektrum receivers?

forgot the mention, this new radio feels very solid and rugged in the hand.

Might be a good idea to route those wires where they should go then pull the excess into the receiver box. Just save you getting a rock or something jammed under the wires and pushing them somewhere you don't want them.
There is no where for those wires to go in the slash, no where to wrap it around or anything. Since I have a max 8 esc in their, I cut a flat LEGO piece and screwed it into the chassis and put the esc on it with double sided tape. I pushed the wires into the receiver box as much as they could go.

Went from an stx2 to this transmitter and I can feel the difference. Much more responsive!!

Went from an stx2 to this transmitter and I can feel the difference. Much more responsive!!
Yes much more responsive and an all around good feeling radio.
It also have end points and a 3rd channel.
I saw the 3rd channel, don’t have experience with more than two channel radios so didn’t say anything about it. I don’t think it has endpoints but it has steering dual rate.

It really is a ttx300 with a spektrumized body.
It gained the convenient throttle limiter selector, but lost the 3rd channel modes (2/3/4/continuous steps). The SLT3 3rd channel cannot be used for changing gears or lights, but at least it can be used for dig or on-the-fly setting changes on Castle ESC's.

It gained the convenient throttle limiter selector, but lost the 3rd channel modes (2/3/4/continuous steps). The SLT3 3rd channel cannot be used for changing gears or lights, but at least it can be used for dig or on-the-fly setting changes on Castle ESC's.
Do you know if you can connect the slt3 to tactic wireless receivers?

There is no where for those wires to go in the slash, no where to wrap it around or anything. Since I have a max 8 esc in their, I cut a flat LEGO piece and screwed it into the chassis and put the esc on it with double sided tape. I pushed the wires into the receiver box as much as they could go.
Huh. Is that an LCG chassis?

I have that chassis on my stampede 4x4, but using the stampede receiver box. It might have more room in it.
2020-0901-stampede-chassisElectronics.jpg

4074 motor, blx185 esc.

Yes you can. ??
WOW! That little bit of information is insane! Judging by the fact that it operates on the exact frequency of the old tactics, chances are it’s... a tactic in all functional nature besides any added spectrum gimmicks. Good stuff! Love my tactic. Takes a lot for me to trust a remote in a speed runner. I trust those tactics, good to hear they went back.

Can the SLT3 bind to a second spektrum receiver so to run two cars with it?
I managed to bind to a 2nd vehicle. I am trying to add a 3rd to it with no luck. Bought SLR300 Receivers thinking I could put 3 on on transmitter and 3 others on another SLT3

I realize this thread is two+ years old, but did you ever determine how much range you get out of this system? My Typhon 3S has the same system with that short antenna tube under the body. Thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back