Spektrum SLT2 reverse lacking. Budget upgrade recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega 2WD
I realize this isn't the best radio but man, this thing leaves something to be desired. Very rarely does reverse work on the first push. Sometimes it even needs several pushes to make it work. Is it worth getting an SLT3 as a cheap upgrade that will work with the ESC on a Boost? I've only just started in the hobby so I really don't want to spend a lot on a radio right now when there's a lot of other things I'd like to do.

Reverse is only engaged with 2 inputs from the user.. if you hit reverse on the 1st input you would have catastrophic failures.. get a rugged!! 😎
Also, the latency with those is absurd!!

If you turn the power down to 50%, reverse doesn’t really work anymore.

I realize this isn't the best radio but man, this thing leaves something to be desired. Very rarely does reverse work on the first push. Sometimes it even needs several pushes to make it work. Is it worth getting an SLT3 as a cheap upgrade that will work with the ESC on a Boost? I've only just started in the hobby so I really don't want to spend a lot on a radio right now when there's a lot of other things I'd like to do.
slt3 is a good budget radio

If you decide to upgrade, I have been very happy with my RadioLink RC6GS. I have it controlling 7+ cars from my fleet so far. It cost under $100 IIRC, and the R6GS and R7GS receivers are only about $20 each with a gyro included. The settings like Throttle and Steering Expo/Speed, ABS, etc make it worth the upgrade in most cases. Especially, if you want to control your whole fleet of cars with one controller that includes lots of tuning options.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back