Vorteks Spektrum firma esc update 2.06 and vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike488460

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Apparently the vorteks i have came with firmware v1.25 (and most likely the rest of you) so I decided to hook up the ESC program box up to the computer and update that (because I haven't done it in a long time) and then got the idea to hook up the firma to the spektrum programmer on the computer just to see what settings I could mess around with and wow there is not much adjustability.... Like at all lol... So I scrolled over to firmware update and was surprised to see that there was an update to 2.06(it said it was a public beta) I did that and now you can change bec settings (for servo) from the fixed 6.0 to 7.4 .... What really intrigued me was the motor timing was now adjustable so I bumped it all the way up to 26 from 23 going to take it for a test run I also changed my brake settings on old fw it was set at 62.5 it seems like they did some tweaking and the asterisk * is usually the setting that would come with that firmware or from factory so it was set at 37.5 on fw version 2.06 so I went to 50. I'll see how it feels and if I don't like it I'll go back to 62.5 but you have more settings for brake now👍 ill post a couple screenies and let you guys know how it runs

20210516_225122.jpg

20210516_225148.jpg

20210516_225051.jpg

Last edited:
Any way to adjust LVC?
If it is not visible in the PC program for LVC, no.

Certain FIRMA you can...I can on the Firma 130A there is an LVC option which I set to 3.2v for LVC (Losi DB Pro). On the Infraction which has Firma 150A, the menu option for LVC is not there. Both RCs came as RTR builds.

Any way to adjust LVC?
Nope ....i know bro i know🤦‍♂️
Yea man the only thing battery related we can change is what you see in the "battery slot" which is either "lipo" or "nimh"
It would have been nice though!👍

Installing the latest firmware fixed my shortened run time issues I was having, and I couldn't be happier!

Apparently the vorteks i have came with firmware v1.25 (and most likely the rest of you) so I decided to hook up the ESC program box up to the computer and update that (because I haven't done it in a long time) and then got the idea to hook up the firma to the spektrum programmer on the computer just to see what settings I could mess around with and wow there is not much adjustability.... Like at all lol... So I scrolled over to firmware update and was surprised to see that there was an update to 2.06(it said it was a public beta) I did that and now you can change bec settings (for servo) from the fixed 6.0 to 7.4 .... What really intrigued me was the motor timing was now adjustable so I bumped it all the way up to 26 from 23 going to take it for a test run I also changed my brake settings on old fw it was set at 62.5 it seems like they did some tweaking and the asterisk * is usually the setting that would come with that firmware or from factory so it was set at 37.5 on fw version 2.06 so I went to 50. I'll see how it feels and if I don't like it I'll go back to 62.5 but you have more settings for brake now👍 ill post a couple screenies and let you guys know how it runs
Glad I came across this post, really had me wondering about my Vorteks if something was wrong, update solved that runtime issue.
Did you see any significant difference changing the BEC to 7.4V on the stock servo?

Installing the latest firmware fixed my shortened run time issues I was having, and I couldn't be happier!
What's the latest version? Did it allow for LVC adjustments or did it just fix the issue without adding new functionality? Glad to hear this and I hope it's real lol.

Edit: Found a post in another thread saying that you can now adjust the LVC with the latest update. Running to my hobby shop right meow!!

Last edited:
What's the latest version? Did it allow for LVC adjustments or did it just fix the issue without adding new functionality? Glad to hear this and I hope it's real lol.

Edit: Found a post in another thread saying that you can now adjust the LVC with the latest update. Running to my hobby shop right meow!!
Well I can't make adjustments on 2.06 so I'm not sure why this other person claims they can...

Are there any later updates than the one above? Also I'm having issues with runtimes on crappy zeee batteries 5200mah 3s lasting 4.30 secs on 4 separate batteries. Iv now ordered 2 gensacearespammers v3 bashing at 6800 120c out of frustration and also a program box...I want to experiment t the runtime in comparison to zeee to gens-ace-r-spam and then drop a software esc update and then see if it improves...fingers crossed all the way because anything under 15 minutes runtime is a big disappointment..only owned the vorteks since a couple weeks so hoping the above sorts this ...

Are there any later updates than the one above? Also I'm having issues with runtimes on crappy zeee batteries 5200mah 3s lasting 4.30 secs on 4 separate batteries. Iv now ordered 2 gensacearespammers v3 bashing at 6800 120c out of frustration and also a program box...I want to experiment t the runtime in comparison to zeee to gens-ace-r-spam and then drop a software esc update and then see if it improves...fingers crossed all the way because anything under 15 minutes runtime is a big disappointment..only owned the vorteks since a couple weeks so hoping the above sorts this ...

I have not seen any new updates. Run time is affected by many things and/or changes to RC (number of things in that space), how we bash, outside temp/conditions, surface, etc. The same batteries and same RC will be more or less run time depending on those factors. I can run a full battery down in 5-7min based on the location and how I drive it.

I have not seen any new updates. Run time is affected by many things and/or changes to RC (number of things in that space), how we bash, outside temp/conditions, surface, etc. The same batteries and same RC will be more or less run time depending on those factors. I can run a full battery down in 5-7min based on the location and how I drive it.
I understand that those factors can play a big part however when thrashing the vorteks with a 5200mah 80c at 4 mins on completely flat tarmac can't be right my brother has a traxxas xrt with two 4s lipos and is pulling around 25 mins and that's 5 times the size and double the battery ...I understand factors but surely there is something underlying here....

I understand that those factors can play a big part however when thrashing the vorteks with a 5200mah 80c at 4 mins on completely flat tarmac can't be right my brother has a traxxas xrt with two 4s lipos and is pulling around 25 mins and that's 5 times the size and double the battery ...I understand factors but surely there is something underlying here....
Agree. Let's see how the new batteries compare

Agree. Let's see how the new batteries compare
I am due to receive the new batteries tomorrow and the spektrum programmer wednesday if I get to do a run with the batteries alone I will post up a update on how it went and then so on once I update the software

I am due to receive the new batteries tomorrow and the spektrum programmer wednesday if I get to do a run with the batteries alone I will post up a update on how it went and then so on once I update the software
Many never update the software...I do...still good to do but this issue I feel is outside of the software.

Many never update the software...I do...still good to do but this issue I feel is outside of the software.
If its outside of the software then I shall be chasing up on my warranty and claiming for a new buggy ...iv done all I can on my side at that point ....

If its outside of the software then I shall be chasing up on my warranty and claiming for a new buggy ...iv done all I can on my side at that point ....
Hey ....so iv just been out with the new lipos and iv got 20 - 25 minutes a piece from them on full throttle with stock gearing !!! I'm now absolutely buzzing !!!!!! So I guess it's not the esc it's purely based on a decent battery or a crappy zee battery!!! For the hungry vorteks anyway!!!!
Also the end voltage for each battery for each cell is 3.5 weirdly enough!!! So they must have sorted the firmware out as iv only owned the vorteks for two weeks fresh out the box ...also the voltage sag on the zee batteries was also real....to sum it up don't use crap batteries!!!

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread I know, but there's a new firmware version that came out in December that allows LVC adjustment on the 100A ESC.

Instructions and the download can be found here:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/smart-esc-programming-update-box-avian-and-firma/SPMXCA200.html

NOTE: Many people are having issues with the software freezing when trying to connect to the ESC. You need to extract the zip and rar files using a 3rd party extraction tool like 7Zip. If you use Windows inbuilt extractor the software will not work.

Reviving an old thread I know, but there's a new firmware version that came out in December that allows LVC adjustment on the 100A ESC.

Instructions and the download can be found here:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/smart-esc-programming-update-box-avian-and-firma/SPMXCA200.html

NOTE: Many people are having issues with the software freezing when trying to connect to the ESC. You need to extract the zip and rar files using a 3rd party extraction tool like 7Zip. If you use Windows inbuilt extractor the software will not work.
Thanks! what's the version number that's released?
UPDATE:
Programming Box version PB-1.0.23 (database version 12-11-2023) Hardware version SPMXPB_V2.5

100A ESC:
SPMXSE1100
HW495_KZ1_V1.1
Latest Firmware version B1.30
Database version 12-11-2023

Note: the B2.06 is gone, so the choice is only between B1.25 or B1.30 firmware versions

The firmware has an Advanced Menu (unable to edit for me, even not with the programmer, seems readonly)

B1.25 has a
  • 2S Soft Cut of 3.2V/Cell
  • 3S Soft Cut of 3.45V/Cell

B1.30 has a
  • 2S Soft Cut of 3.3V/Cell
  • 3S Soft Cut of 3.35V/Cell

Last edited:
Back