Spektrum battery light status?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG*GOBLIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So I got a spektrum battery in hopes of making use of the battery status light on the dx3 but when powered up they don't light up. What am I missing here? ESC/motor/receiver and radio are all spektrum.

What receiver are u pushing and what rig is this!?
Sr6100 EXB Kraton 1/8. I found a thread from 2020 with people having the same issue and some said it was from low voltage in one of the cells I believe. I've got a brand new never ran spektrum 6s batt. I think it's a G2 is that matters at all. Charging on a spektrum smart charger too.

Sr6100 EXB Kraton 1/8. I found a thread from 2020 with people having the same issue and some said it was from low voltage in one of the cells I believe. I've got a brand new never ran spektrum 6s batt. I think it's a G2 is that matters at all. Charging on a spektrum smart charger too.
Yea thats weird.. U have everything u need so idk what it is!? Wtf!!

I have dx3, sr6110at, but blx esc. Is the esc reason why my battery lights don't work also? Obviously ive switched rx tx but thats it. Spektrum batt also
If your BLX ESC has the EC5 connectors rather than the IC5 connectors, the BLX ESC cannot transmit the voltage data to the radio. That extra wire on the IC5 connector carries the data.
The G2 batteries require a Spektrum charger with the G2 firmware installed, as I found out the hard way.

http://spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Smart_G2_Battery_and_Charger_FAQ.pdf

Last edited:
If your BLX ESC has the EC5 connectors rather than the IC5 connectors, the BLX ESC cannot transmit the voltage data to the radio. That extra wire on the IC5 connector carries the data.
Ic5.
Ok so am I missing the actual wire. Its always been like this. The battery does.

16405507348705324305112196218390.jpg

16405507789664172121080111605711.jpg

16405509534877735632021404875242.jpg

Ok cool. I thought that was the case. Got my hungover brain thinking too much😜
Going back and forth with spektrum on email. They're saying that maybe I need to reprogram the transmitter. Either send it in to them or buy one myself. All my pieces are about a month old and this stuff is kinda advertised as plug and play and not plug no play buy more and hope it works. 😡

Lol, lucky nothing serious yet. A few tumble wumbles here and there. Yes the receiver was unplugged and plugged back in a few times while swapping to the m2c chassis. I know I've read threads about people having this same issue back in 2020 but spektrum guy didn't sound he's ever heard of this before. I got a lot of back forth about recalibrate this rebind that redo end points and throttle limits. IDK, kinda sucks as they make it look so easy and "smart" 🤨

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back