Spektrum Antenna wire replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Doing a Google search, I see a lot of replacement antennas.

For those who have replaced the antenna wire of a Spektrum receiver, the one in question is an SR6200. It has a longer wire, but I am cool if it is just the shorter one like on the 6100 or 6110 receivers if that is the only option.

So I do not buy the wrong one, any recommendation links on a purchase?

Thx

Have you opened it up? More than likely it's going to have a connector like in the image below. They're called IPX13, though sometimes they're just listed as IPX or IPEX.
1661535486299.png
1661535512723.png

Doing a Google search, I see a lot of replacement antennas.

For those who have replaced the antenna wire of a Spektrum receiver, the one in question is an SR6200. It has a longer wire, but I am cool if it is just the shorter one like on the 6100 or 6110 receivers if that is the only option.

So I do not buy the wrong one, any recommendation links on a purchase?

Thx
I am a bit confused. Why is the antenna being long a issue. I put the extra in the receiver box
Nvm I understand you must have had an issue and NEED to replace it

I am a bit confused. Why is the antenna being long a issue. I put the extra in the receiver box
Nvm I understand you must have had an issue and NEED to replace it

It came long...to your point, so some are short, and some are long...but to me, the range seems the same. I am not running any of mine far out. If I did like on the Infraction, just too small to see it that far away...old eyes :LOL:

It came with a long one, but I do not care if it is short.

Save your money. I have a bunch laying around and can mail you a couple. PM me your address.

Will do... I owe you back a favor on that! (y)

Which antenna would I need since mine got severed on my vorteks 3s and I need a new one so I can use my spektruk DX3 controller without range issues. Thanks in advance!

D0EAA0D5-01C1-4C18-91BE-4606CEC8646B.jpeg

793959CF-A945-4FA5-83A8-EBFCAAE25E08.jpeg

BC255A31-A36E-4CBF-B7ED-7BBF8F3E48AC.jpeg

This thing is worth almost 100$ 😳. It was replaced under warranty never thought you could replace the antenna .
image.jpg

THe original lengh is 250mm the best i could find is 150mm

Last edited:
Save your money. I have a bunch laying around and can mail you a couple. PM me your address.
Any chance you have another to spare? I have a SR6200A that came with the antenna pinched by the radio box lid from the factory on my Infraction 3s.

No problem, I have an email to them that I sent yesterday. I was looking around the web and found this thread. Thanks for the recommendations!

Tl;dr
Most monopole antennas covering a 1/4 the wavelength of a 2.4ghz range are usually wires from 27 to 32mm, if something cuts or breaks your antenna not all is lost.

this is weird considering in RF you can cut/tune your antenna to the wavelength you are expecting using some basic math. Most antennas I've built for 2.4ghz are 27 to low 30ish mm due to covering a quarter of the wavelength

The antennas being 150mm seems to be either the manufacturer being lazy or they are looking to match the entire 2.4 signal and not just the 1/4 normally needed.

Back