Side skirts and wings for infraction, any DIY options to make them,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiraz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vendetta
  7. Infraction 4x4
1000285951.jpg

Abs plastic sheet the most cost effective. Carbon fiber stronger and more money.

CREGEAR ABS Sheet 1/8 Inch Thick (3mm) - 12" x 8", Black Plastic Sheet Waterproof Rigid Thermoplastic Sheet, ABS Plastic Board for Sign, Craft, DIY Display Project (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/8Zawm2r

I’ve used Kydex for front splitters and rear wing mounts because the material retains a bit of flexibility and doesn’t break as easily in a crash. I’ve also used it for the horizontal stabilizers on speed cars for the same reason. And of course it can be easily thermoformed and that’s really what it’s for. It’s a very versatile product. I would not use it for side skirts if you were going to put batteries on them, as it would sag. I use carbon fiber sheet for that.

Dude, for $35.00 I’d totally order those. It’s hard to find carbon side skirts without cut-outs all over them for battery straps. I hate that. I use the aerodynamic advantage of a flat carbon plate and drill them for strap retainers. I don’t think looping battery straps on the street side of the side plates has ever been a great idea in the first place. Running straps through the bottom of the plates has always made me nervous.

For reference, I ordered a set of those StupidRc parts for the infraction with bittydesign Jota body I'm making. They are build to order and ship from Brazil. Order placed 4/18, has just today cleared Brazil customs and should be on the way to the US for more customs and then local delivery. The car is still in pieces so not a big deal, but definitely not next day amazon.- despite coming from the real amazon 🤣

For reference, I ordered a set of those StupidRc parts for the infraction with bittydesign Jota body I'm making. They are build to order and ship from Brazil. Order placed 4/18, has just today cleared Brazil customs and should be on the way to the US for more customs and then local delivery. The car is still in pieces so not a big deal, but definitely not next day amazon.- despite coming from the real amazon 🤣
I’ve ordered Stupid RC parts and yes, it takes forever to get stuff. People complain about China shipments? Order from Brazil if you want a little perspective.
I have a StupidRC center brace/XLX2 mount for a V2 Lim that you’ll see in the classifieds soon. Since I have it “in stock” on American shores I’ll probably mark it up! 😂

I keep saying I'm going to get a "road" rc and the Infraction is at the top of my list over the Vendetta or Felony simply because it's a truck. Well, that and the handbrake opens a whole new realm of ways to witness utter destruction. But when I finally pull the trigger on one, the first thing I would do is eliminate the skirts by chucking the chassis in favor of a widened chassis. Seems to be a logical and more stabile option, imo.

Hi what thickness aluminum
I’d strongly recommend carbon fiber over aluminum. It’s much easier to cut and gives a much better result without the added weight.
I keep saying I'm going to get a "road" rc and the Infraction is at the top of my list over the Vendetta or Felony simply because it's a truck. Well, that and the handbrake opens a whole new realm of ways to witness utter destruction. But when I finally pull the trigger on one, the first thing I would do is eliminate the skirts by chucking the chassis in favor of a widened chassis. Seems to be a logical and more stabile option, imo.
So, Scorched GT width chassis? You just multiplied the needed sheckles tenfold. But yes, it’s the best option.

Abs plastic sheet the most cost effective. Carbon fiber stronger and more money.

CREGEAR ABS Sheet 1/8 Inch Thick (3mm) - 12" x 8", Black Plastic Sheet Waterproof Rigid Thermoplastic Sheet, ABS Plastic Board for Sign, Craft, DIY Display Project (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/8Zawm2r
That's perfect , I am in signage and I have a lot of abs , but any chance do you have a drawing of it the side skirts ..

Thank you

I’d strongly recommend carbon fiber over aluminum. It’s much easier to cut and gives a much better result without the added weight.

So, Scorched GT width chassis? You just multiplied the needed sheckles tenfold. But yes, it’s the best option.
You can save a few sheckles by doing your own Carbon Fiber chassis. And gain some peace of mind knowing your batteries wellbeing isn't dependant on 4 or 5 screws holding a skirt to the chassis.

You can save a few sheckles by doing your own Carbon Fiber chassis. And gain some peace of mind knowing your batteries wellbeing isn't dependant on 4 or 5 screws holding a skirt to the chassis.
Agreed. Full width GT chassis is the only way to go.

Back