Talion Servo save doesn’t turn when tightening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion
  6. Talion EXB
Hello everyone
I’ve disassembled my servo saver and replaced it with the exact same one only issue is when it’s tightened to the car the side connecting the servo link hard to turn and it comes loose seems to be turning fine while it’s not connected to the car but once I tighten it to the car one side doesn't turn
Appreciate any help

Hello everyone
I’ve disassembled my servo saver and replaced it with the exact same one only issue is when it’s tightened to the car the side connecting the servo link hard to turn and it comes loose seems to be turning fine while it’s not connected to the car but once I tighten it to the car one side doesn't turn
Appreciate any help

Show us some pics..

Sounds like you have a bearing that's not seated. I would pull the bearings out of the binding side and clean everything, also give the post a good wipe down too. Seized bearing will make things stiff too, but you said everything is new so that wouldn't be it.

Sounds like you have a bearing that's not seated. I would pull the bearings out of the binding side and clean everything, also give the post a good wipe down too. Seized bearing will make things stiff too, but you said everything is new so that wouldn't be it.
I’ll have to take it apart and double check also the new part came with the wrong washer that sits under the spring straight from ARRMA currently waiting on a new washer or part !! could that be the reason it locks up on one side ?

Show us some pics..
Sure bro I’ll do my best and upload pics after work

A servo saver washer will affect the servo saver but not the bellcrank as a whole. The symptoms are the distance from the top bearing to the bottom bearing is greater than the length of the shaft it sits on. It's smooth when the screws are loose, binds when everything is tightened down.

Is the bottom portion of the servo saver tube that the spring sits on screwed in all the way? If it's not screwed in all the way tight it will cause your bellcrank to bind. I'm assuming your bellcrank is a BLX.

I know this sounds like a stupid question but did you put the bushings back in? The Talion never came with bearings in the bell crank assembly.

Make sure all of the washers in the ackerman are also in the correct place. If you are missing the washer on that side it will also bind up the steering on one side.

1717121766212.png

I realize you've already spent your money, but the new EXB V2 bellcrank that comes on the new Kraton is the gold standard of bellcranks. The servo saver works better than any aftermarket unit. Servo killer tight but doesn't kill your servo. I have them on all my 6s Arrma now.

I realize you've already spent your money, but the new EXB V2 bellcrank that comes on the new Kraton is the gold standard of bellcranks. The servo saver works better than any aftermarket unit. Servo killer tight but doesn't kill your servo. I have them on all my 6s Arrma now.
Hi

Explain more. I did not know this. What makes them better on the new Kraton Basher? Thanks

A servo saver washer will affect the servo saver but not the bellcrank as a whole. The symptoms are the distance from the top bearing to the bottom bearing is greater than the length of the shaft it sits on. It's smooth when the screws are loose, binds when everything is tightened down.

Is the bottom portion of the servo saver tube that the spring sits on screwed in all the way? If it's not screwed in all the way tight it will cause your bellcrank to bind. I'm assuming your bellcrank is a BLX.
Sorry for the late reply boys work kids life etc but that’s exactly what it was not right enough it’s all working good now thank you for the help much appreciate it

I hear good things about it but Stock for the new KRATON exb will be July I’ve already got one reserved and just got the big rock in red it looks absolutely massive love the body work

I know this sounds like a stupid question but did you put the bushings back in? The Talion never came with bearings in the bell crank assembly.

Make sure all of the washers in the ackerman are also in the correct place. If you are missing the washer on that side it will also bind up the steering on one side.

View attachment 369600
Thank you for the reply it wasn’t tight enough had to give it a good twist now it works perfect

Last edited:

Is this v2 adjustable?

I need to do something with my notorious. The stock saver is super loose. My first 1/8 thay hasn't had an adjustable saver stock.
I'm assuming you can tell it's the v2 by the silver part instead of all black and it will have the 25t arm?
Don't wanna buy the wrong one from a breaker. Thanks

Is this v2 adjustable?

I need to do something with my notorious. The stock saver is super loose. My first 1/8 thay hasn't had an adjustable saver stock.
I'm assuming you can tell it's the v2 by the silver part instead of all black and it will have the 25t arm?
Don't wanna buy the wrong one from a breaker. Thanks

Never mind. After looking at the parts it's pretty clear which one is the exb new design. One on order to try out.

ARA340204

The "hole rack" comes with 5mm steering links which I really appreciate.

Back