Kraton Scorched VS M2C motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy5586

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
Been eyeballing both of these and curious on opinions between the 2 of them for a k6 exb. I see pros and cons on both but haven't used either. Both look like they are beefed up and make mesh adjustments easier than factory. Figured someone in here has and can speak what they like and dislike on these

Last edited:
I’ve always gone for the PPS, but recently someone here recommended the Ironman RC mount and I tried it. It’s much beefier than stock, accommodates big-can motors and a wider range of pinions, and the best part is you can change the spur gear through the side, which is much faster and easier. Also pretty competitively priced. I’ll definitely buy another one.
https://islandhobbynut.com/products/ironmanrc-arrma-limitless-motor-mount-25mm-30mm-trifecta

You can not go wrong with either. In my opinion the M2C is the way to go. The appealing part of the scorched mount is the carbon brace you can use with it. But I wouldn’t put that on a Kraton. The edge on the M2C is pretty small i like the motor brace and the add on accessories based on your platform. I also like their ESC mount

I like how beefy the scorched is, I like the mesh adjustment on the m2c
If it matters in your particular application, I’ve also heard that if clearance is an issue that the Scorched mount allows you to rotate the motor up quite a bit for better clearance while still getting good mesh.

Been eyeballing both of these and curious on opinions between the 2 of them for a k6 exb. I see pros and cons on both but haven't used either. Both look like they are beefed up and make mesh adjustments easier than factory. Figured someone in here has and can speak what they like and dislike on these
I like the stock motor mount cause I've never had any trouble with it for the last 8 years :)

I have a PPS motor mount in my Kraton 6s, but I'm keeping the stock motor mount in my Infraction 6s. On the Infraction I have titanium motor mount bolts in the stock mount, and I upgraded the center diff support to Arrma aluminum.

Titanium motor mount screws.jpg

PPS motor mount in Kraton.jpg

You have an 8 year old 6s kraton exb? That's still factory/stock on top of that? That sir is very impressive! 😂
no I have 8 arrmas over the last 7ish years and had no trouble with any of the motor mounts so never felt the need to upgraded them. I have loads of upgrades on most of my cars on the parts that bend or break. I will say I run stock motor and esc or hobbywing equivalent in all my cars. maybe you need a motor mount upgrade with a bigger motor 🤷‍♂️

no I have 8 arrmas over the last 7ish years and had no trouble with any of the motor mounts so never felt the need to upgraded them. I have loads of upgrades on most of my cars on the parts that bend or break. I will say I run stock motor and esc or hobbywing equivalent in all my cars. maybe you need a motor mount upgrade with a bigger motor 🤷‍♂️
I had a gut feeling I knew what you were implying but I couldn't resist 😂. I'm pretty happy with the stock motor myself. Maybe after it craps the bed I'll look into a bigger motor

Back