Mojave Sandracer_NL - Mojave EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, you have to cut a small hole to route those light bar wires through. It looks too cool have the wires stuck through the window. You could make the hole right under the plate, seal it with silicone and nobody will ever see it.

And maybe a plastic skid plate for the top of the light bar to protect the bolts from damage if she rolls.
Yeah I think you’re right. On the light bar there is a voltage booster (never heard of it) and I want to be able to take the light bar of if I want. Also been thinking with an idea of making it magnetic with power through it. Some thinking to do🙄
Great build so far. Got a link for the shock boots? Keep the pics coming 👍🏻
Orderded both the 36mm and 46mm for front and rear shocks
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002006556114.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7dde4c4d7CdWQo

Installed Scorched fenders, additional front bumper and selfmade rear mudguards. Also covered the wheel hexes with tape (works great👌). Have Hot Racing wheel hubs laying around, but one came loose when I had them on my buggy. Could have come loose after a crash, which cracked the wheel🤷‍♂️🙄. So for now I’ll use the stock hubs, they seem to have more bite.
Time to put the wheels on and bash!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Redid the roof bar with lights, since I was not happy with the (red) wires through the front window. Since I did not wanted the drill a hole in the body I re-routed the wires under the light bar and through the side window. Covered part the red wire with tape.
It’s way better than before and wiring now is only visible from real close👍
@Doom! I agree drilling a hole in the body is the cleanest option, but this is better than before right? 😂😉
image.jpg

Hey, don't the Dutch like putting things in the front window of the house in pairs to symbolize unity? You'd better get started on another truck to complete the tradition.

Just upgraded to new electronics: HW4985, Max6 and DS3230 servo.
I spend some time thinking where to put the esc on/off switch, stick it on chassis, center mount, 3d print a holder, but then I saw two unused tubes and decided to make plate using 2mm lexan and drill two holes so that top of the screws are level with the top of the plate. Added some 3M tape to secure the esc switch on the plate.
Feels solid and pretty happy how it turned out.
A pic before mounting the switch so you can see the mount and a pic with end result.
3D72BCF2-D4A4-49BE-86B8-A026196D9BF4.jpeg

109CD2C5-784F-4484-8D54-59AD42645FAD.jpeg

Just upgraded to new electronics: HW4985, Max6 and DS3230 servo.
I spend some time thinking where to put the esc on/off switch, stick it on chassis, center mount, 3d print a holder, but then I saw two unused tubes and decided to make plate using 2mm lexan and drill two holes so that top of the screws are level with the top of the plate. Added some 3M tape to secure the esc switch on the plate.
Feels solid and pretty happy how it turned out.
A pic before mounting the switch so you can see the mount and a pic with end result.
View attachment 168951

View attachment 168952
Nice - I've done v similar but added a narrow zip tie as it kept falling off!

Redid the roof bar with lights, since I was not happy with the (red) wires through the front window. Since I did not wanted the drill a hole in the body I re-routed the wires under the light bar and through the side window. Covered part the red wire with tape.
It’s way better than before and wiring now is only visible from real close👍
@Doom! I agree drilling a hole in the body is the cleanest option, but this is better than before right? 😂😉
View attachment 141591
You have taken this ride to the next level I love it

After waiting for the expoxy to dry (all unused chassis holes are filled) I wrapped the chassis. Instead of using carbon I did on the Kraton and DR8 I thought let’s try a wooden look. Apart from a different look I also have a feeling the wrap acts as a gasket around the diff housing.
Did not uncover the battery tray holes yet, because I ordered a couple of trays to try making my own tray; I do not like Arrma’s battery trays.
The body got fiber tape and rubber seal around the edges and the body posts. It’s dry now, so I can start peeling the masking tape off.
View attachment 137058View attachment 137059View attachment 137060
smart to fill those holes. will start a Mojave EXB build myself this x-mas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back