Runs like a sewing machine...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
So during covid, I started a new hobby, sewing. Mostly to make masks, but that turned into making other stuff... But that is not the point.

After another afternoon spent trying to finish a project, I have decided we have been using "Runs like a sewing machine" all wrong...

Runs like a sewing machine should = cantankerous, temperamental, often does not work for no apparent reason, when it does work, often sounds like a gravel truck with a bad transmission and a thrown rod. IF, by rare chance, it runs right, it WILL go wrong again soon, often for no apparent reason.

After fighting the machine for an hour, I swapped bobbins, and it purred smooth... Go figure, I have been running those bobbins for ages, most of them work fine, but that one must have been off spec. Then, about five minutes later, the needle broke (again)... Grr...

Oh, as a side note, if you engage conversation with the old lady at the sewing machine shop, the conversation that follows is remarkably similar to one that you might have with the racer dude at the hobby shop, just with different vernacular... :ROFLMAO: (y):geek:

Jerry

Well, those were cheap walmart prefilled bobbins... so in RC speak, it would be those cheap China Ebay shock that make your truck handle like crap... 🙃

I still have & use my "portable" 45lb. Sear Roebuck & Co.
Keep it lubed and it just works. 😉

I still have & use my "portable" 45lb. Sear Roebuck & Co.
Keep it lubed and it just works. 😉
The Office Thats GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back