Rottsters Review: Scorched Titanium Driveshafts For Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Well crap, due to their width, they do not fit on a Kraton 6s EXB roller. The rear hits the rear chassis brace and the front interferes with both the front chassis brace and servo mount so it's a no go. I could do some milling but... There's also a possibility that another aftermarket chassis brace could clear, but I don't for sure. Anyway, looks like an amazing product, but the stock stuff measures @ 5mm and the Scorched are 7mm and about 1 gram lighter.

Crapolio, I really wanted it to work but I really need to lighten up the center diff fluid anyway, and now that it's out it's a good time to check and re-fluid anyway.

Edit: Resolved! Check out post #12 below.

IMG_6252.JPG
IMG_6254.JPG
IMG_6255.JPG
IMG_6256.JPG

Last edited:
Well crap, due to their width, they do not fit on a Kraton 6s EXB roller. The rear hits the rear chassis brace and the front interferes with both the front chassis brace and servo mount so it's a no go. I could do some milling but... There's also a possibility that another aftermarket chassis brace could clear, but I don't for sure. Anyway, looks like an amazing product, but the stock stuff measures @ 5mm and the Scorched are 7mm and about 1 gram lighter.

Crapolio, I really wanted it to work but I really need to lighten up the center diff fluid anyway, and now that it's out it's a good time to check and re-fluid anyway.

View attachment 352271View attachment 352272View attachment 352273View attachment 352274
thats no good. I haven't felt the need to upgrade any of my driveshafts on my cars all off road bashers. don't remember last time I bent one to be honest. do the pins last any longer on these upgraded driveshafts :unsure:

thats no good. I haven't felt the need to upgrade any of my driveshafts on my cars all off road bashers. don't remember last time I bent one to be honest. do the pins last any longer on these upgraded driveshafts :unsure:

I've never had an issue yet, but i've dropped a CC 1717 1650KV motor and a Mamba Monster 8s into this and prefer to run ahead of failure. Runs 70 mph in dirt, grass and road all day well under 165F, but I plan on running it on 8s this spring with road tires on the road only. 6s on grass and dirt. Pretty sure it's a 21 or 22 tooth pinion.. Crap, now I have to pull the motor and check, lol. Gear hits ESC mount so I can't slide it off. It's a tight fit.

IMG_6259.JPG

@hobo Holy sheepshit those motor mount screws were in tight. Totally wrecked my Craftsman T handle driver even with heat. Whacked it with even more heat and my MIP got a grip and got it out. Anyway, 20T pinion.

@hobo Holy sheepshit those motor mount screws were in tight. Totally wrecked my Craftsman T handle driver even with heat. Whacked it with even more heat and my MIP got a grip and got it out. Anyway, 20T pinion.
best drivers MIP been in that position myself a few times

I'll contact Scorched this coming week and see what they have to say. It's the world of HIgh Performance.. Been there, done that with motorcycles and cars for the last 45 years. More than likely, they've tried this with ten different RC cars, but not this exact one.

I'll contact Scorched this coming week and see what they have to say. It's the world of HIgh Performance.. Been there, done that with motorcycles and cars for the last 45 years. More than likely, they've tried this with ten different RC cars, but not this exact one.
Keep us informed. I haven't dealt directly with anyone there but from friends, Scorched is known to be very responsive to issues and always innovating.

I've had a few things of him and they've all been top of the line great company makes a change been in the uk as well

I have a set in my K6s but using JConcepts F/R chassis braces and using a Scorched CF Servo Mount. It's tight (cvnt hair tight in the front), but no rubbing. The front sits just under (like 1mm) the crown of the servo holder. The JConcepts R chassis brace is notched by design.

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

I have a set in my K6s but using JConcepts F/R chassis braces and using a Scorched CF Servo Mount. It's tight (cvnt hair tight in the front), but no rubbing. The front sits just under (like 1mm) the crown of the servo holder. The JConcepts R chassis brace is notched by design.

View attachment 352338

View attachment 352339

Thanks for the pictures! Yep, tight but fits for sure!

I'll let everyone know what I find out/figure out.

Great news! They fit fine, close but fine. After reviewing RCSid's photos and taking a closer look at mine, the new shafts won't install like the factory ones (just by pulling up the center diff). I had to remove the screws holding the motor mount in so I could back it off a bit, thread the driveshaft in, slide the center diff motor mount in and re-install the screws. The rear drive shaft requires rear sub assembly removal 4 screws, no big deal, slide in shaft and re-install rear sub. Easy. Glad I didn't call Scorched and make an ass of myself, lol.

Last edited:
Great news! They fit fine, close but fine. After reviewing RCSid's photos and taking a closer look at mine, the new shafts won't install like the factory ones (just by pulling the center diff). I had to remove the screws holding the motor mount in so I could back it off a bit, thread the driveshaft in, slide the center diff motor mount in and re-install the screws. The rear drive shaft requires rear sub assembly removal 4 screws, no big deal, slide in shaft and re-install rear sub. Easy. Glad I didn't call Scorched and make an ass of myself, lol.
Awesome, glad to hear that you got it sorted out.
I have had to reach out to Scorched a few times with some questions and they were prompt and diligent to make sure everything was resolved. When I place orders form them, I get shipments quicker than a lot of domestic orders too. I don't know how they do it.

Awesome, glad to hear that you got it sorted out.
I have had to reach out to Scorched a few times with some questions and they were prompt and diligent to make sure everything was resolved. When I place orders form them, I get shipments quicker than a lot of domestic orders too. I don't know how they do it.

So far everything I've ordered has met or exceeded my expectations, I'm totally blown away. Like you say, their parts get here as fast as stuff from Amain... How is that possible?

I had to file a bit of my rear m2c brace for it to work , but not much really , but the front one works fine with my servo holder

IMG_7940.jpeg

IMG_7938.jpeg

Back