Notorious Rocket 4092 motor on Notorious/Outcast SWB Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I'm doing a Notorious build and planned to put in a Rocket 4092 motor. Poor planning on my part, but I didn't realize that fitment will be this tight. Anyone running this setup? Any issues with the motor coming into contact with the C block?

IMG_3217.jpg

Looks good to me at the rear Fr block.

I'm running 4 4092's on swb platforms and I don't believe any of them to be that close :unsure:
Maybe they are, but it never really caused any concern. I know in this pic the third from the bottom has the 4985 in it here but I have since put a 4092 in it as well. I'm putting the 4985 in my Mojave.

rc4.jpg

That's helpful. I'll give it a shot and continue with my build. Worst case I'll have an extra motor laying around and an excuse for doing another LWB build!

I'm running the same motor in my noto, and it is doing well. Haven't thought about tight fitment, but it is quite tight, but no issues.

20201110_041926.jpg

20201110_041848~2.jpg

I'm running the same motor in my noto, and it is doing well. Haven't thought about tight fitment, but it is quite tight, but no issues.

View attachment 108652

View attachment 108653
Many thanks - this is most helpful. Gives me the confidence (and motivation) to continue my build! Seeing your photos, I’m already kind of regretting not going M2C for my chassis and instead went EXB. Oh well...

Many thanks - this is most helpful. Gives me the confidence (and motivation) to continue my build! Seeing your photos, I’m already kind of regretting not going M2C for my chassis and instead went EXB. Oh well...
If/when it bends it’ll be time to upgrade! I want to say the center brace failed for Eric but he probably pushes his rigs way more than most of us

Tommorow im going to fit a 4092 1480kv with the 16 pinion.
I'm afraid with that setup, vehicle would be "slow".
This change will be made, because the motor shaft and pinion, broke.
I.m so frustrated, 'cause never experienced before not a minor problem with any of my rings (in motor department!)
Is there any way to repair the stock motor, or it doesn't worth it?

IMG_20240223_194342.jpg

IMG_20240223_194318.jpg

pinion.jpg

Tommorow im going to fit a 4092 1480kv with the 16 pinion.
I'm afraid with that setup, vehicle would be "slow".
This change will be made, because the motor shaft and pinion, broke.
I.m so frustrated, 'cause never experienced before not a minor problem with any of my rings (in motor department!)
Is there any way to repair the stock motor, or it doesn't worth it?

View attachment 350409

View attachment 350410

View attachment 350411
You're going to want a 20+ pinion(23 IMO) with the lower kV motor.

What's wrong with the spektrum 4074? I sold a handful of mine used for $40 shipped ebay, dime a dozen.

Yeah not worth it. I'd up the pinion like stated above. On the 1650kv motor people like 20 so i'd def be in the 21-22t range on the stock slider mount. That is about the max you can fit unless you drop to a 46t spur.

The bent shaft it's not Spectrum's fault.Propably mine.
Pinion came loose and start grinding against motor mount, and...the rest is history!
I should order some pinions and a "classic" 4074 motor, 'cause i don't want to take out parts from my other rings :))

The bent shaft it's not Spectrum's fault.Propably mine.
Pinion came loose and start grinding against motor mount, and...the rest is history!
I should order some pinions and a "classic" 4074 motor, 'cause i don't want to take out parts from my other rings :))
I’ve bent rotor shafts back, vice and a little persuasion until it doesn’t vibrate during operation.

Another question:
I will install as mentioned before, the Leopard 4092 1480, but to my surprise, the screws that screw the motor to the base are 3mm and therefore have a smaller head as seen in the photo. This makes me a little insecure even though I don't do crazy bashing with jumps etc. What do you think?

IMG_20240226_225450.jpg

Another question:
I will install as mentioned before, the Leopard 4092 1480, but to my surprise, the screws that screw the motor to the base are 3mm and therefore have a smaller head as seen in the photo. This makes me a little insecure even though I don't do crazy bashing with jumps etc. What do you think?

View attachment 351026
Drill and tap m4, otherwise that will loosen up from vibration or snap off because of the bore clearance. Harbor freight has combo sets for cheap.

I will try to remove the plate from the Spectrum motor, and see if it screws in Leopard's can.
Now i have my eyes to the Roto-lok Motormount.
What's your opinion?

Back