Rock tumbling and jewelry making (Not RC related)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it strange that I could just stare at those patterns for hours without even being under the influence? :unsure:
I do as well. This chunk of Serepe Jasper in particular is nice to zone out on. I love the way some feel in hand as well. Many crystals are cold and ‘feel’ dense. I can understand why many people believe they have energy and power. It’s somehow relaxing even to hold these large agates and rocks while staring into them.

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

I have a pile of rocks I will eventually send you !!!!
Do you have that super course silicon carbide still? Along with some rocks, I’m super interested in as much of that as you’ll part with. I’ll happily send you some really cool rocks in exchange…

Do you have that super course silicon carbide still? Along with some rocks, I’m super interested in as much of that as you’ll part with. I’ll happily send you some really cool rocks in exchange…
Not to worry
Have 5 gallons buckets of both !!!!

I’m just ridiculously swamped!!!!
I swear !!!!!

I wish you could see a time lapse video of just how thes patterns are formed in the rocks, that would be waaay cool to see.

Last edited:
I have found quite a few interesting fossil rocks, but never one quite like this. Usually they are in some kind of colored base rock, not crystal clear chalcedony like this. It has a ways to go, but I have very high hopes for it.

IMG_1199.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpeg

Black Skin Agate
I bought 5 pounds of these agates last year and most of them will take much of this year to tumble. This is the only one that was relatively smooth. Initially, it was just a solid, blue-gray color. All these crazy colors and little round eyes came out after it had been through nearly 2 months of course tumbling, so I decided to stop and polish as it is. It’s honestly one of the most amazing rocks I’ve seen in a while. I love to sit and just stare at it. It’s nearly the size of the palm of my hand, so it’s a nice size rock. *My first picture is before it was tumbled. The second is midway through tumbling. The last three are after it finished polishing.

IMG_1244.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1237.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

Last edited:
This has to be the the most unique rock I’ve ever found! We’ve had some nice storms lately and it was uncovered at the park. Soon as I can get my saw out, hopefully in the next week or so, I’m going to cut the corner off. Then I’ll figure out what to do with it. Meanwhile, I can’t stop looking at the thing.

IMG_1529.jpeg

IMG_1523.jpeg

Goldenwood, from Falls City ranch in Texas. It’s a form of petrified palm Wood that is only found on one ranch in south Texas.
I stopped tumbling it early, because to get this one smooth and nice would’ve required tumbling it down to almost nothing.

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

Banded Chert
Chert is a microcrystalline form of quartz. It’s a sedimentary rock made from the silica exoskeletons of microscopic sea creatures (diatoms) that were alive millions of years ago. Where I live, San Antonio, used to be an ancient sea, so we have this rock all over. Usually it’s just a boring gray rock, but sometimes it has really cool wavy features like these...

IMG_1631.jpeg

Back