Reuse tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured would probably warp to didn't try any higher than around 300 if I remember right. Acetone worked like as charm though. Water inn the foam definitely made a time difference though. Should have baked out the water from my brother in law's, even dry it was stinky though. Wife told my dinner smelled horrible. ?

Last edited:
Uhh if the rim melts it’s gonna warp. The tire won’t melt until probably 600C
I never melted the rim
IMG_1804.JPG

Its the tire who kinda started cooking because i left the oven alone
But all of those marks went away

Figured would probably warp to didn't try any higher than around 300 if I remember right. Acetone worked like as charm though. Water inn the foam definitely made a time difference though. Should have called out the a at her from my brother in law's, even dry it was stinky though. Wife told my dinner smelled horrible. ?
I put mine on a foil lined baking sheet in a preheated convection oven for 10 mins, pulled it out and tried to break the beads. No luck. Flipped it over and put it back in for another 10 mins. Checked again and bottom side broke from the rim with little effort. Flipped and did another 10 mins. Pulled and second side broke free perfectly clean. Foam was perfectly intact too. Let it cool, wiped with IPA, and glued it to the new rim. Was about an hour process start to finish.

I put mine on a foil lined baking sheet in a preheated convection oven for 10 mins, pulled it out and tried to break the beads. No luck. Flipped it over and put it back in for another 10 mins. Checked again and bottom side broke from the rim with little effort. Flipped and did another 10 mins. Pulled and second side broke free perfectly clean. Foam was perfectly intact too. Let it cool, wiped with IPA, and glued it to the new rim. Was about an hour process start to finish.
Hell of alot faster. Still looking for foam for kids back up tires to reglue them. Stock tires were empty....

Hell of alot faster. Still looking for foam for kids back up tires to reglue them. Stock tires were empty....
Finding foams is a pain in the butt. I have some of those Nitro RCX tires and I took them off of the cheap crappy wheels, and the "foam" was basically what looked like a thin layer of ground up jeans turned into a sheet.............

Finding foams is a pain in the butt. I have some of those Nitro RCX tires and I took them off of the cheap crappy wheels, and the "foam" was basically what looked like a thin layer of ground up jeans turned into a sheet.............
It absolutely is... Good thing they're spare tires ?

At what temp was this at?

Oh boy Bam! I got the oven heating up so I will see how it goes. ?

How long do you put them in for?
10 minutes and then check. Flip over for another 5, check. Rinse and repeat until the bead breaks. 200 degrees isn't hot enough. Trust me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back