Talion Reefs 444 servo??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I had a Reefs 444 start to yank to one side and not respond after only one run. So I emailed them to ask about a warranty. They sent me back an email saying they would fix or replace it BUT THEY don't SUGGEST USING A 444 on a Talion because of the tire size. I asked them what they recommend but no answer so far. If a $130 servo won’t work what is it good for?

FWIW,
I always associated the Reefs Brand with the Crawler Crowd. What put Reefs on the Map. Who they obviously largely support. Just like Promodeler Servos, are marketted primarily to the Air RC Crowd. Always has been. And want their servos Powered with a Battery source like all Air RC's are wired. Yet not practical for Surface RC's. Any Surface ESC BEC should power up any servo without issue....just don't challenge Promodeler on this point. Their firm ideology is all with Air RC's.
444 Oz/inch of torque equals aprox 32 Kg of torque. $130.00 is ludicrous for this Brand/model. And $130. can get you a much better brand servo IMHO.
Just buy an AMZ $34. DS3235 35kg servo. Dam servos last and last. And when they do fail years later, just replace with another. Servos are consumables when it comes to Bashers. Is what it is.
I run these AMZ servos on all my 6s rigs shown to the left under my Avatar.
Reefs is not all that IMHO. The OE Talion wheels/tires are not that huge to begin with. So I disagree. And Talion stocker servo has less Torque out the box. Albeit garbage as we all know.
Reefs is full of crap. They wont own up to the defect, IMHO. I could be wrong.
It could also be user error? Wrong application???? What Reefs is trying to say. IDK.:unsure:
I still call BS.
Just my spin.:cool:

Last edited:
I only know one person on the forum that probably has owned more Reef's servo's than RC cars. @Xjeepguy

I think he only goes with the Raw 500 though. (y)

$140.00 Reefs Raw 500 (36kg servo) is a different animal from the 444.
I don't feel that Reefs has earned their pricepoint. They are not really any Old Established RC Servo Brand IMHO. Yet want that high dollar. Again, the Crawler Crowd is all into this Reefs Brand. What put this brand on the map. YT Crawler influencers were getting Reefs servos for free, which was free marketting.

Is there really any difference between servos for specific types of RC'ing? I highly doubt it. Servo's are about their Available Torque and Speed at at a certain voltage. Any servo, no matter the application. Just need to choose the correct specs for your Model. A servo's Stall Amps matters more so with Crawlers, if anything. And partly because 99% of Crawlers do not run A Servo saver.

I have 3 Crawlers and use the $34. AMZ 35kg servo's in them also. No issues. And I get them all wet, mud, streams and snow.
The only Reefs product I do buy and like are their Servo Specific alloy Mounting Washers.:LOL: Most all of my servos have them.
Check out Perfect Pass servos, if you want to spend some coin. Like Savox and others. Not that I am any fan of Savox either.
Got burned with 2 1210's out the box. Tested on my servo testor and with 2 other ESC's. (n) Glitching and failed to center. Savox cust Serv also sucked, told me the same as Reefs. They asked for them back, still under warranty. Both were never repaired, just sent back in the same condition. Never opened up at all. No email response at all. Crickets.

Last edited:
If they won’t replace it or refund and only credit towards another, get a 555.

There are much better(stronger/faster/durable) options at a lower cost on a basher.

I don't feel that Reefs has earned their pricepoint. They are not really any Old Established RC Servo Brand IMHO.
I own both a REEFs 444 and 555 servos for my crawlers and just because they’re popular for a specific sub-culture of the hobby, doesn’t meant that they’re not worth the price. I own SAVOX on all my track focused RCs but the REEFs 299LP is a beast for racing in its class as it is tiny.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back