Vorteks re-installing my Vorteks' firma 100a esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Vorteks
Dear Experts.

Ive had my ESC back from Arrma in the UK and although I took photos of its original install, Ive started to question if it was actually right "from the factory".
The manual doesn't show the wiring route and Ive found no videos that do it either. Its all obvious apart from the little ribbon cables.
Could one of you that has a working Vorteks confirm for me please ?

So in the original factory set up :

Ribbon cable A was wired to AUX1
Ribbon cabe B was wired to THR

Is that really right ? In all the usual diagrams, ribbon A should be wired to THR........and ribbon B is a complete enigma.

thanks everyone

ESC- annotated.jpg

You are right. The one you have labeled "A" is just an extension for the motor fan and plugs into the "aux" or any other open port on the receiver. Your cable "B" is for the throttle and plugs into the throttle port on the receiver. When you plug your wires into the reciever, just make sure that the black wire is towards the outside of the reciever.

Thanks. I thought it might have been wrong “out of the box” which could explain the fact that I was getting no difference in performance on 50/75/100

thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Sadly, my LVC issue continues............
What a lot of people do with their Vorteks for the LVC issue is set the ESC to NiMH mode and use a lipo alarm on their battery. The problem is that the voltage sags below LVC limit under heavy loads, like continuous full throttle, and it triggers the LVC shut off. One guy even put a glitch buster on his reciever to help with the voltage sag. He said it stopped his LVC issues. A glitch buster is just a capacitor that plugs into any open port in your receiver and stores power for when it's needed, like voltage sag. He said it worked, even though it only supplies extra power to the fans and servo. But extra power for the fans and servo means that they take less power from the ESC and therefore help with voltage sag and LVC.

Ask @Velodromed which glitch buster he used. I think it was only like $8 on Amazon. It might be worth a shot.

What a lot of people do with their Vorteks for the LVC issue is set the ESC to NiMH mode and use a lipo alarm on their battery. The problem is that the voltage sags below LVC limit under heavy loads, like continuous full throttle, and it triggers the LVC shut off. One guy even put a glitch buster on his reciever to help with the voltage sag. He said it stopped his LVC issues. A glitch buster is just a capacitor that plugs into any open port in your receiver and stores power for when it's needed, like voltage sag. He said it worked, even though it only supplies extra power to the fans and servo. But extra power for the fans and servo means that they take less power from the ESC and therefore help with voltage sag and LVC.

Ask @Velodromed which glitch buster he used. I think it was only like $8 on Amazon. It might be worth a shot.
Yup racers Edgar, 7.99 try it it may solve your issues. Got one on my Vorteks because it was always hitting LVC on 100% accelerations and for my granite cause stearing was jittering. Solved both issues.

AC48C3F6-070B-493F-BFB2-3A04EC7C71C4.png

Yup racers Edgar, 7.99 try it it may solve your issues. Got one on my Vorteks because it was always hitting LVC on 100% accelerations and for my granite cause stearing was jittering. Solved both issues.

View attachment 157393
Thanks. I couldn't remember which glitch buster you had. Also, I looked for those Axial shock bushings and can't find them. I thought for sure I had 4 or 5 extras but don't know where the hell they ran off to. If I find them, they're yours.

Thanks. I couldn't remember which glitch buster you had. Also, I looked for those Axial shock bushings and can't find them. I thought for sure I had 4 or 5 extras but don't know where the hell they ran off to. If I find them, they're yours.
Thanks for looking man! Do you know what size fuel line people use for making their own bushing?

Ribbon cable A was wired to AUX1
Ribbon cabe B was wired to THR

Is that really right ?

Yes, that's correct. A is just a fan cable, so you plug it into any unused channel port. B is the ESC wire for throttle.

You probably calibrated your throttle with the radio at 50%, which you DO NOT want to do. It should always be calibrated with the switch at 100%.

Yes, that's correct. A is just a fan cable, so you plug it into any unused channel port. B is the ESC wire for throttle.

You probably calibrated your throttle with the radio at 50%, which you DO NOT want to do. It should always be calibrated with the switch at 100%.
Yep. I think thats what it was, or maybe at 75 given the sorts of speed I was getting
Btw - Nice Kaiju bash video.

I have a vorteks and had lvc issues when using zeee lipos...4.5 minutes runtime....after changing to gens-ace-r-spam v3 6800 120c lipos I got 25+ mins runtime on each lipo the vorteks is hungry you need to use a half decent lipo in order to overcome the voltage sag

There is some new firmware out, that will set the LVC to 3.35V per cell (B1.30 firmware), that might also help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back